The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My priorities have changed in the last couple months. I need a single daily driver that I can take both of my kids to/from events, and have my eye on a sedan. Unfortunately, that sedan will not replace the mid-engine driving dynamics of this incredible machine. The upgrades performed on this 987.2 Cayman have turned this car into a legitimate driver's car. I have driven 911s, and the turn-in, balance, and corner rotation doesn't compare to this. The 987.2 base Cayman is a rare find and a hidden gem; they are dead reliable and quite an upgrade from the design of the M96/M97 engines in the 987.1 previous gen Cayman. This car has a 3M 1080 vinyl wrap on it (Lemon Sting) but is black underneath (see picture). The previous owner bought the car CPO from Porsche and I purchased the car from him late last year with the goal of doing some driving events, but realize now that this is not the time for me to have a 2nd car. I have the maintenance records and owner's manuals.

Specifications:
2.9L Flat six 9A1 block (bulletproof block, no IMS, and non-DFI, so no carbon buildup issues)
75k miles
Clean title, no accidents
Asking price: $25,500

Options list:
342 Heated Front Seats
369 Standard Seats
399 17″ Cayman II Wheel
431 3-Spoke Multi-function Steering Wheel
480 Manual transmission
490 Sound Package Plus
573 Automatic Climate Control
619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone
693 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer
810 Floor Mats in Interior Color
870 Universal Audio Interface
A1 Black
AN Black Standard Leather
P23 PCM 3.0 including Extended Navigation
P75 Bi-Xenon Headlights with Dynamic Cornering Lights

Upgrades:
Not including labor costs..
Upgraded Porsche Shifter cables (this was a weak point on these when they first came out)
Lemon Sting vinyl wrap, great for protection from rock chips - $3500
Porsche Sports Exhaust - $2350 (can open the valves with an interior button)
Softronic Performance ECU Tune - $1000.00
Softronic states a boost of 15hp and 17lb/ft torque with their tune. That puts this car somewhere in the 280hp/ 227lb/ft torque range
Other changes from the Softronic tune include widening of the allowed slip angles before PSM nannies start reigning the car back in
Ohlins Road & Track Coilover Adjustable Suspension - $2995
GT3 Lower Control Arms/Front Brake Ducts - allows for some increase in negative camber - $1100
Brand new Pirelli winter performance tires - $900
DME & Oil Analysis Report available to serious buyers (both are excellent and the DME report has been verified by Porsche of Colorado Springs that the car would still qualify for the "Certified" category (with respect to the DME).
Full Inspection by Porsche of Colorado Springs in January (excellent condition).
This car comes with a custom car cover and a CTEK 5.0 battery maintainer (simply plugs directly into the 12V port in the passenger footwell)

Please call/text Matt at 310-six one six -6031 with any questions.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've succumbed to the realities of other financial responsibilities, and frankly, I just don't drive it enough for what it's intended for. It's a great car, I just need to wait until I can manage having multiple vehicles. I do enjoy heel-toeing on the way to get those groceries in the frunk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts