The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Elise Duratec, 2009 Exige S240 (+TVS1320 / CC)
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model Year 2010 : The final build year of Cup 260’s, so had the ultimate specification. (see below)

Low mileage : 24000 KMs

Fully serviced : EVERYTHING works. No dings, dents, curbs or excuses.

Exterior : Metallic ‘Starlight Black’ (Lotus F1 scheme is mostly vinyl, so can be easily returned back to factory look)

Interior : Carbon fiber / Alcantara

Very rare edition : This is the last 1 of 3 imported into the Gulf & there’s been none since.

Gulf (GGC) market specification : additional solar & heat insulation compared to EU / Federal cars (see below)

European (EU) compliant : Lotus Cars confirmed a Certificate of Conformity can be obtained

Supplied new by Lotus Oman : 1st registered June 2011. Complete with original tool kit, X2 keys, owners handbook, history file etc

Price : $58,950

Standard MY 2010 Cup Specifications

It’s a VERY long list! If you’re not familiar with 2010 Cup 260’s I’ll send you the PDF of the original spec. sheet. Meantime this will give you a better idea :
(2010 Exige S 260 walk around - similar to Cup 260)
(2010 Exige Cup 260 ‘Road Racer’ EVO test)

GGC Specification additions

• Full alloy coolant radiator
• Solar insulated windscreen
• Fully insulated & carpeted interior
• Additional Engine bay insulation
• Upgraded A/C system

Post-Build Upgrades

• Lotus F1 colour scheme.
• Fully body clear vinyl paint protection film. 5 yr warranty from LLumar
• Windscreen & side glass 30% tinted film. 5 yr warranty from LLumar
• Reverie carbon fiber canards
• Front mud flaps

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know if this can be imported into the US?

Great looking car by the way...love the Lotus F1 livery.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I just got through importing my own car from Saudi Arabia (right next door - same area)... this one cannot as a whole car. I think there is a way of importing this car as parts though... but that means that the engine and transmission must be shipped seperately in a different container/shipment.

BTW, I have met up with Sean (the seller) while I was there... he was up in Saudi Arabia and we got together for the afternoon. Geat guy!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the complements - it's a lovely car, but I would say that :)

Hi JJ, hope you managed to sort your engine now... so, are you coming back to the sandpit?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Mileage now clicked past 25k KMs… couldn't resist a drive out with these fellers in the stunning Hajar Mountain range :D

Sorry, only have pictures at the top or bottom, the 1000 Meter climb of twisties in between are too action packed :shift:

At 40C, it sorts the men from the boys - Aston went into limp mode, new F type too, Porsches had low oil pressure & fuel vapor smells.... lots on hot brakes too. But the little Lotus' and the Speciale laughed-off it off & came back for more :wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cup's are especially trained at Hethel to sniff-out naughty roads...it's all part of the Road Racer package ;-)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New Price $51500

Hi Guys
Just back from my Summer holidays so time to get busy selling my Cup 260.
Revised price : US$51,500.

$52k would be a completive price for a MY 2008 Exige S240, let alone a rare, fully loaded MY 2010 Cup 260… so if you're serious, get in touch.

Cheers :wave:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Guys
Just back from my Summer holidays so time to get busy selling my Cup 260.
Revised price : US$51,500.

$52k would be a completive price for a MY 2008 Exige S240, let alone a rare, fully loaded MY 2010 Cup 260… so if you're serious, get in touch.

Cheers :wave:
I'm up here in Saudi, and would buy it if I could get it into the States. Not sure why importing it won't work on this model, but I'd sell my Elise for this spec in a heartbeat.

Good luck,

Stephen

·
Registered
424 Posts
This could be your 'Saudi Lotus' Stephan ;-)
I leave in a year and a half, and I race in Bahrain. I'd want this in the States for sure. But having said that, it certainly is tempting. Owning two Lotuses is over the top.....OK, that didn't help. Even I don't believe it.

I do hope your sale goes well.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I'd just offer this up. There have been some conversations as to what is legal in the US. While some might have been able to have brought a car into the US, it doesn't mean it is legal to drive on public roads. If you're pulled over in a car deemed to be illegal to drive on a public road in the US your car can be confiscated and destroyed.

Not saying the car in this thread meets that criterion, but the buyer should cover their butt. Caveat emptor.

San

1 - 20 of 26 Posts