The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need cash, willing to sell my Caterham R400 Superlight at a loss. I will build another one... the next is a CSR 260.

S3 Body style.
Upgraded R400 Duratech engine. 210hp
Approx 400 street miles.
Limited Slip Differential. 5 Speed
13″ Alloy rims with Avon tires

OPTIONS

CF Wind Deflector
Black Aero filler cap
Push Button Start
racing 5 point harnesses
Track day roll bar
Battery master switch
Carbon Fiber front cycle wings
Upgraded headlights with integral turn signals
Upgraded custom turn signals
TAG License plate bracket
TAG Carbon Fiber plate frame
Engine hour counter
Carbon Fiber Dash
Carbon Fiber Door sill protectors
Carbon Fiber rear wing rock guards
Composite Tillet Racing Seats
Custom front headlamps with integrated turn signals
Custom turn signals on front wings

Nothing like driving a Seven. Nothing.
$50K. I have receipts for more than that in this car.

Never tracked or even autocrossed. Just a few back road Sunday drives.
http://youtu.be/u5iLUPI7xsQ?hd=1

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can be done. Not registered yet but easy to do. Either I can do it, or the next owner can. I am driving it on dealer plates for now.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Can be done. Not registered yet but easy to do. Either I can do it, or the next owner can. I am driving it on dealer plates for now.
I'm going through the SB100 process now too and it's pretty easy so far. There are Sequence Numbers left as well - I received mine yesterday :coolnana:

·
Back to the Future, again
6,205 Posts
I'm going through the SB100 process now too and it's pretty easy so far. There are Sequence Numbers left as well - I received mine yesterday :coolnana:
If you don't mind me asking, what number did you get for this year and how long did it take you to get the actual certificate of sequence in the mail from Sacramento?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were given the forms with the number in person at the DMV when I did this earlier this year.

·
6,205 Posts
We were given the forms with the number in person at the DMV when I did this earlier this year.
No kidding... Everyone told me it was a letter they mailed from Sacramento, including the supervisor at the DMV who called Sacramento to get me my sequence number. He wrote it down on my fee deposit receipt and told me the official letter will come from Sacramento.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My rule is to use a full face helmet on the freeways. Any local roads or back mountain roads, I use eye protection only.

·
Registered
960 Posts
No kidding... Everyone told me it was a letter they mailed from Sacramento, including the supervisor at the DMV who called Sacramento to get me my sequence number. He wrote it down on my fee deposit receipt and told me the official letter will come from Sacramento.
I received the number from DMV during the visit too. There are almost 200 numbers left for 2012 and the DMV person said they did not run out at all in 2011.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I built a Caterham with a full windscreen and sold it earlier this year, then built this one with the carbon fiber wind deflector. The full windscreen has the benefit of not needing any face protection on the freeway, but the downside of additional wind buffeting from the sides. In the end, I like the deflector version more.

·
6,205 Posts
I received the number from DMV during the visit too. There are almost 200 numbers left for 2012 and the DMV person said they did not run out at all in 2011.
Oh yeah. They gave me the number at the DMV but I haven't received the actual paper certificate of sequence yet from Sacramento. That's what I was wondering about.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh yeah. They gave me the number at the DMV but I haven't received the actual paper certificate of sequence yet from Sacramento. That's what I was wondering about.
My "official" certificate did come a couple of weeks later in the mail. The smog referee wouldn't make an appointment until I had the "official" version. Smog is turning out to be a hassle over paperwork (not equipment)... there is a very "detailed oriented" inspector at Livermore :no:. Hopefully I make it through the process in the next couple of weeks.

·
6,205 Posts
My "official" certificate did come a couple of weeks later in the mail. The smog referee wouldn't make an appointment until I had the "official" version. Smog is turning out to be a hassle over paperwork (not equipment)... there is a very "detailed oriented" inspector at Livermore :no:. Hopefully I make it through the process in the next couple of weeks.
I am still waiting... Heard of some good places up there in the Bay area from those on the Noble forums who had to go through it. Placerville or something or other... I gotta find a good one down here.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are next building an electric Caterham. So I need to sell this one. Price lowered to $47.5K. I can post a list of all the parts and prices but I guarantee if you were to build this same car, it would be over $55K.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
yo!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLD. Going to Houston TX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts