The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After yet another move (number 8 in 8 years) I've finally got my garage semi-organized to where I can start to get rid of some stuff laying around. SOLD!!

1. 2ZZ-GE, pulled from a Pontiac Vibe (aka Toyota Matrix) by me several years ago. The car had ~60k on it at the time. Engine had compression numbers well within the factory specs (sorry I didn't write them down.) This engine was used in my first 2zz swap. I ran this engine for a few hundred miles before deploying, at which point it was stored. When I got back, I removed the engine to begin a complete new build for a Rotrex 2zz setup. I had about two and a half engines in my garage at once, and used parts from all to complete that project. So what I have left is shown below. It is 90% complete, with an untouched bottom-end. The head was removed at one point when I was considering using the short-block, but bit the bullet and went brand new. This engine would be a great candidate for someone looking to do a build up, or if you need a lower-mileage component from it, or even if you want to just clean it up and use it in a 2zz swap. Everything in the photos is what is included. The TB is disassembled, but should be mostly complete. The only known issue is the valve cover has a crack near the crank vent, shown in the photo. It is only cosmetic damage, and has no effect of the operation (still seals up.) $700 local pick-up from 76548 (about 50 minutes north of Austin.)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Forgive my mechanical stupidity, but could you basically drop this into an elise and it's good to go? I don't know the differences between models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Any interest at all in shipping?
Not at this time, just too much hassle.

Forgive my mechanical stupidity, but could you basically drop this into an elise and it's good to go? I don't know the differences between models.
There are minor differences, like the oil cooler setup. I'm not sure which intake manifold the Lotus uses, as there are two different (that I know of) ones out there. This is the one that has the throttle body slightly angled up. But the long block should be identical.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After some more digging in the garage, I came across some more parts for the 2zz. Everything the photo below is included with purchase of the engine:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should also mention I have an OEM flywheel if you buy the engine and I still have it, it's yours if you want it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2zz engine

I'd like to come and see the engine . I'm Austin, TX. Need one for my corolla xrs. Thanks, Harideva

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to come and see the engine . I'm Austin, TX. Need one for my corolla xrs. Thanks, Harideva
No problem, unfortunately I'll be out of town from the 20th-25th. But the following weekend I don't have any plans. We can also work out something during the week, just have to plan for after 6pm or so. PM me with any questions or to coordinate.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts