1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not verizon though correct?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I believe in the US the phone will only work on AT&T and T-Mobil networks..

·
Registered
167 Posts
And I have heard from my techie friends it will work with TMobile but the 3G speed will be way down, since it is not optimized for TMobile.

Gary

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This isnt appropriate for lotustalk is it?
You can buy unlocked iPhones, so that part is kosher (OP doesn't state here how it was unlocked). But you're probably right about the Jailbreaking, since it does violate Apple's user agreement.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i meant it not appropriate because this is a lotus forum, and a iphone is not a lotus part, nor does it have anything to do with lotus. Goto a iphone forum or ebay.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
you used to be able to make a lot of money buying them for 400, unlocking them, and selling them internationally on ebay. I sold mine for 500+. I sold my E46 M3 to a kid doing the same thing, thats where he made all his money. crazy

·
Registered
466 Posts
85percent said:
verizon wireless works on cdma, iphones aren't available for that technology yet.
Actually, CDMA is now obsolete. US cellular networks are some of the worse in the world. Before the iPhone came about, you guys generally (and still) get the crappier phones.

WCDMA which is what 3G is. While the current iPhone also has HSDPA+, enabling it to have the quicker up/down GPRS speed.

ACE51 said:
you used to be able to make a lot of money buying them for 400, unlocking them, and selling them internationally on ebay. I sold mine for 500+. I sold my E46 M3 to a kid doing the same thing, thats where he made all his money.
The first generation 2G was where you guys had the advantage. Now that the 3G and 3GS is widely released around the world, it's better to buy an iPhone from EMEA or APAC, which are not locked to any carrier. Silly US monopoly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.