The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

On the car about 3k miles, I think I turned on the AC about 3 times in those 3k miles. I'm guessing shipping will run about $30 given the weight.

$50 shipped

Auto part Automotive lighting Automotive engine part Headlamp

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
On the*car*about 3k miles, I think I turned on the AC about 3 times in those 3k miles. I'm guessing shipping will run about $30 given the weight.$50 shipped

I'd take it for that price.. :) Still available?

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, the AC surround I have listed went in about 3 minutes but this is still up for grabs.

Paypal is [email protected] - given low price I'd appreciate it if you'd send the money as a gift but as I didn't state that in the first post I won't enforce....

-Ross

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, no Paypal sent yet ;)

[email protected] - send as a gift if you don't mind as clearly I'm not really making much here (as I'll have to pay them to pack/materials, etc)

-Ross

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Anyone heard from Ross lately? No new posts since 11-25-13, he refunded me $10 of what I paid for the compressor but never heard anything.. Hoping he's allright?

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks man - yeah, things are ok but it's been a somewhat non-great last few months. As such I just sorta needed a break then in early December I started a new (and phucking phantastic) job that's got me busy 12-16 hours a day. I'm loving it but last time I worked this much I was in my early 30s, now at 40 it's a bit harder!

So thanks for the concern and sorry this all happened as I sold/shipped this stuff (hence my $10 refund as an apology). Just want to make sure you got the compressor and all was good for it - rather important to me that anyone that buys from me is happy.

So thanks for the concern and sorry for going dark on everyone. I actually drove my Exige to work today for the first time (and first time in at least a month I've driven it). Once I start getting ready for track season I'll be around as usual.

-Ross

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
No problem, good to see you're still around! :) Bought a lathe part off eBay last year, last I heard the guy was in the hospital and I never heard from him again..

I hear ya on the busy part; I'm halfway into my 30s, love what i do and 12 hours a day is killing me.. Its been warm(er) out the past couple days so I've been taking the Lotus to work.. Looking forward to driving around at lunch really helps the morning go by!!! :) Snow tomorrow though..

Anyway no worries! Seems we both just need some free time.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Woah Ross!
I was wondering just this week what had happened to you? I figured that GunPilot had taken out a "hit" on you for banning him for three days. Never to be seen again. Lol.
Glad to see you're not buried in a shallow desert grave?

Just kidding GP, I know you and GunGoddess would never order a hit for being banned. I mean, it's not like both of you have "gun" in your screen names...... Wait.........ummm.....

Lol

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know I gotta say I'm both surprise and genuinely appreciate the concern. I tell people all the time how much I love this site and community, that honestly it's one of the highlights of ownership. And while I've always found useful information here never would I have suspected that someone here (and 2 publicly anyway) would show real concern for another member. It really means a lot.

Did GunPilot really get banned for 3 days??? Per these posts I've been offline quite a bit lately so I missed that drama (unless you're just kidding).

I hear ya on watching the clocking looking forward to drive it. Part of why life sorta sucked a few months ago was the job I was at. After I left my position of 13 years last April I took 3 months off to just have some fun. Well that really turned into some light consulting (for which the client stiffed me on $3k in labor). I then took my epic track road trip and when I got back started a new job - easily the worst job I've ever had. Horrible company, very dorky staff (tech company) - the kind of tech dorky that isn't cool and hip, true nerds. And the company was falling apart when I joined and then laid of 80% of the staff 1 week after I resigned. Fortunately my new gig worked out during that time - I'm close friends with the CEO and he essentially created a position for me as we've wanted to work together for a long time. While I'm not used to the long hours they do at least fly by since the company/staff are so great.

So now that life is much more back to normal I'm sure I'll be around nearing my usual posting rate. Right now I only have 2 post until I hit 2000.

Riice - BTW what did you need the compressor for, I just knew that wasn't going to sell. Just curious what happened to your original one.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Yes, GP was banned for what I believe was something silly on the NSFW thread, but I'm not positive as I didn't see the post.
Poor guy, I felt bad for him. He contributes quite a bit to the forum and I like the fact that he and GunGoddess use their cars for what they were designed for, autocross and track???

Ross, this isn't just a forum, it's a community. Of course we care about our fellow enthusiasts. ?

BTW, I'm assuming your RC build has been put on hold with the time demands of your new position.

Welcome back

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, GP was banned for what I believe was something silly on the NSFW thread, but I'm not positive as I didn't see the post.
Poor guy, I felt bad for him. He contributes quite a bit to the forum and I like the fact that he and GunGoddess use their cars for what they were designed for, autocross and track
I couldn't agree more and I wish I'd known about the ban as I would have definitely gone to bat for him. I think you know he and I got to meet last summer at Road Atlanta (he and Goddess of course). Just good people, super nice and like all Lotus owners (and most track rats) willing to give you the shirt off your back if it makes you a 1/10th faster!

Ross, this isn't just a forum, it's a community. Of course we care about our fellow enthusiasts. BTW, I'm assuming your RC build has been put on hold with the time demands of your new position.
You're absolutely right - and while there are other very active communities out there this one is somehow different, certainly than the other boards I've frequented in the past. As an IT Guy/nerd I've spent time on many many forums but have never been on one with this level of community. I mean damn, I'd almost forgotten about the RC car and here you are asking me about it. Yeah, it's on hold for that reason and that I'm just not sure what I want. I definitely need/want a project so I stopped by one of the biggest local hobby/RC stores. Walked around for about 20 minutes browsing and looking lost, even walked up to the counter a few times. Basically no one would help me and as I wasn't going to go beg someone for help I just left. I almost called the manager to tell him a customer willing to spend basically anything (below say $2k) and I left because no one offered to help me. I was looking more at planes than cars - I figure I can drive a car but I can't (at least now) fly an RC plane.

I think at this point the Lotus will once again be my project/hobby - as it should be. Our local track is going to have night lapping next season so I need to look into and figure out what LED lighting system I want to do.

So once again thanks for the concern guys - it means quite a lot.

-Ross

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Digging through some old stuff and remembered the AC compressor.. Unfortunately the part got lost in the shuffle of life, but Ross refunded me and we're good. :) Turns out I've only used the AC in the car maybe 2 or 3 times in the last year anyway, it's always topless around here!

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once again sorry that fell through my friend, glad you got the refund and all is well...

-Ross

1 - 13 of 13 Posts