The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD FS: Ardent Red Console

SOLD

Price: $275 delivered anywhere in the continental US.

I originally painted these for a display and they have been painted the same way as the other parts I do in this thread:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47892

I have displayed them as they are and have not installed them in a car. I no longer need them as a display and am selling them as a result. There are no scratches or damage and the finish is the same as OEM. They are painted with a 100% 2K professional urethane paint system with zero rattle can components.

Here are the pictures of them from both sides:

Ardent-Red-Console-(1).jpg

Ardent-Red-Console-(2).jpg

- Chuck

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
chucks work is amazing. working at ashop right by where he lives gives me the opportunity to see a lot of what he has done, and it olf the best quality i have seen. mirror like finishes.

keep up the good work chuck:up:

T.J.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Put me next in line if the first PM'r falls through.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That paint job looks great. I had a local shop paint mine but I don't think the clearcoat is as shiny and the surface still has texture. Do you sand all the texture off the plastic before paint?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That paint job looks great. I had a local shop paint mine but I don't think the clearcoat is as shiny and the surface still has texture. Do you sand all the texture off the plastic before paint?
I sand out the texture on the parts but I leave in some orange peel so it looks more like the paint that the cars come with. Let's face it, Lotus paint is not perfect. I have done them without orange peel in the past and they did not look right to me. Also, if they are too smooth they show scratches and dirt like crazy, not the best for a floor level part. I originally had a glass finish in my car and repainted them because of that fact. It was too much maintenance. I can do both types of finish but these have the OEM look which is shiny but with some peel. If someone wants a very smooth finish I can do it but will have to charge a bit more to block and polish them. Any detailer can do it too. It is exterior paint so you can wax and Zaino and anything else you do to the exterior.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
:drool: Snapped up! :drool:

Can't wait to put them in...
Thanks Chuck!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just want to post...

THANKS CHUCK!

These things rock! Super quality, Nice match to the Ardent Red... Can't wait to see if I can get you some more parts to paint. :D

Got home from work, and a found a FED EX at my door. Wanted to put it in, so I did it in my garage, even when it was getting dark... Was a little harder than I thought, and managed a small chip in the front of the handbrake hole, but I touched that up with paint. I also have a Lotus gaiter coming in the mail soon to complete the look so that will cover it anyway. Sorry for the flash pix, but it's pretty much dark out now, and I had to use a flashlight to finish the last screws!

Just one more happy customer!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i am lucky. working in chucks "backyard" he often stops by with some of the nicest looking pieces i have ever seen. he is always testing out new colors getting them to match perfectly. congrats on the purchase scottoman. get some engine covers...they r HOT!!

T.J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts