The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I "think" this might fit a Lotus with 17" rims or other cars you might have

Tire size: 235/40/17 . Daily driven only 1,000 miles between home and car shows with no track time. Has 70-80-% tread left. Tirerack sells these for $218/each.
These are super sticky tires with a 40 UTQG rating and are banned from running in the "modified" class in Redline Time Attack events. Asking $400 local pickup only in Pasadena. PM if interested

Info here:
BFGoodrich g-Force R1

The g-Force R1 radial is BFGoodrich's Track & Competition DOT racing tire developed for prepared vehicles looking for race- and time attack-winning performance, as well as track-day drivers seeking predictable grip that is comfortable to drive at the limit. The g-Force R1 radial is designed to offer best in class dry grip, cornering power, steering response and turn-in precision to inspire driver confidence for the quickest times lap after lap.

The g-Force R1 uses a competition tread compound molded into a symmetric, non-directional, semi-slick tread design with just 4/32" of beginning tread depth eliminating the need for shaving. Rubber bridges are molded repeatedly across the two DOT-required circumferential grooves to promote even wear and further the tire's slick-like performance. While the tires require minimal scuffing, heat cycling is recommended to further enhance consistency and wear. The tread compound warms up quickly and operates over a wide temperature range to provide predictable grip that is forgiving and easy to drive at the limit. The symmetric, semi-slick tread design allows the g-Force R1 to rotate in different directions and be used at different vehicle wheel positions to maximize treadlife. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by a spirally wrapped polyamide cord on top of a two-ply nylon cord carcass.

NOTE: While BFGoodrich g-Force R1 radials meet DOT requirements, they are not appropriate for highway use as the expected miles of wear from their racing tread compounds is greatly reduced. The g-Force R1 radials are not recommended for driving in wet conditions where there is the risk of hydroplaning. Drivers should drive cautiously at reduced speeds in these conditions.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If these were 225/45/17 it would have been sold already. I'm in Pasadena all the time too! Good luck. GOOD DEAL!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend has these tires now and he's asking $550 or best offer. If interested, PM me with your email addy and i'll pass the info onto him. Local pickup in Monterey Park.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who needs some uber sticky tires?

·
Registered