The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDITED TO CLARIFY NEW WHEEL SIZES FOR '08 MY: SOLD!

Black LSS wheels (6" fronts & 8" rears) with OEM Yokohama tires (195/50 16 & 225/45 17) – These only have 1K miles on them, and that was achieved over a period of only 5 days due to all the rainy weather we have had since December in the Bay Area. Asking $1,975 for complete set – Prefer local pickup, but will ship for shared cost – PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
You will regret selling them when it comes time to sell your car. Don't do it...:no:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
just to add a bit of info, for anyone not aware, these are not plain ole MY07-and-earlier LSS wheels. these are wider and fit over the S240's big brakes.

i wouldn't expect too many of these sets to come up for sale.

i'd probably grab them if you were on the right coast.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
just to add a bit of info, for anyone not aware, these are not plain ole MY07-and-earlier LSS wheels. these are wider and fit over the S240's big brakes.

i wouldn't expect too many of these sets to come up for sale.

i'd probably grab them if you were on the right coast.
so you are saying that this LSS is different then the 05 - 07 specs?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
so you are saying that this LSS is different then the 05 - 07 specs?
actually, upon further review, it appears that the fronts are narrower, but with more offset.

i think the biggest issue is the newfound clearance for big brakes.

i do predict confusion in the near future on re-sales of these MY08 and later LSS wheels. :shrug:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice and clarification Thomasio and ace10. Since I am moving to factory Cup wheels, I feel comfortable selling the OEM wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
actually, upon further review, it appears that the fronts are narrower, but with more offset.

i think the biggest issue is the newfound clearance for big brakes.

i do predict confusion in the near future on re-sales of these MY08 and later LSS wheels. :shrug:
Actually, it's not the wheels that allow clearance for the Big Brake Kit -- it's the new version of the Big Brake Kit. The alum hat has been modified (it's thicker) so as to allow for proper clearance of the caliper -- any 6.5" LSS wheel will clear this updated BBK version.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
So what are the nominal wheel widths? MY understanding is that 08's are 1/2" narrower than 07's all around. Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
So what are the nominal wheel widths? MY understanding is that 08's are 1/2" narrower than 07's all around. Is this correct?

Not exactly. :)

If I recall the press release correctly, fronts are 6" (1/2" narrower) and rears are 8" (1/2" wider).

·
shay2nak
24,999 Posts
the rear wheels are 8" is that 100%? Funny they would reduce the front from 6.5 to 6 instead of making them 7".

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As one would expect, Jack is correct :)

I just confirmed with my dealer when the car was in for service, that the fronts ar 6" now and the rears have increased to 8". The service technician working on my car measured this, as he had the tires off the rims for tire matching balancing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CJ, I replied to your PM.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
so front wheels 05-07LSS are better. Rear wheels on 08 LSS are better.

When do the AP BBK on the 08's that fit under the stock wheels become available?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts