The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in Placerville, CA. Willing to ship.

LSS wheels in black with the wider 6.5" fronts. Center caps included.

Powdercoated black about 800 miles ago. Darn near as perfect as could be. No nicks, scuffs or dings.

Wrapped in Toyo T1R's, 195/50/16 front and 225/45/17 rears.

Front tread depth is .185 (60% tread left)
Rear tread depth is .150 (50% tread left)

Heavy wear on the outside edge of the tread in front on both sides. Rear tires in excellent shape.

Looking for $1600 for the set, OBO. Might be willing to trade for Elise/Exige performance parts, and or 15"/16" combo race tires.

Let me know if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price drop to $1400

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any takers at $1200?

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oldmansan, Forum rules state:

4. Discussion following the normal rules of the forums welcomed, but no comments on price allowed unless the OP specifically asks for it. Otherwise, take it to PMs.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why, thank you San! :)

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Put the penny on the outer tread, what is the wear limit there for that type of tire? I don't know Toyos well.

Pictures of the wheels inside and out please with stamped stock numbers.

Do the center caps show any wear?

Have these tires been tracked? Autocrossed? Number of heat cycles if there is one for this type of tire?

Have you run nitrogen in your tires only? Is there any corrosion inside the wheel?

Will you be willing to sell the wheels without tires?

Why did you powder coat them, was there previous damage?

Please Advise..................

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gunpilot: Tires really aren't that great, you can roll on them for a few thousand miles, but nothing to shout about. Sale is primarily for the wheels. Tires are just a little extra bonus.

I'll get pics of the inside for you on Monday, if you are seriously interested.

Center caps are in good shape, but not brand new. Pics are representative.

Tires never tracked, wheels never tracked.

Never run Nitrogen.

Tires go with the wheels. Safest way to ship the wheels.

No corrosion. This is a California car from SoCal. Pretty dry out here.

No previous damage, the wheels were powdercoated to go with the blacked out on Chrome Orange scheme. Switched to Rays, otherwise I'd still be using these wheels and tires.

·
He's on fire!
3,380 Posts
FYI, Tires add a significant amount of weight to the shipment, and if they don't have much left in them represent a rather costly way to get wheels shipped "safely". If that's the only reason you're wanting to keep them together, you should know that its very possible (and easy) to ship just the wheels and have them be better protected. Do a few google searches on 'how to ship wheels'.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have my own fedex acct. Very affordable for me to ship to just about anywhere in the USA, regardless of weight.

·
He's on fire!
3,380 Posts
I have my own fedex acct. Very affordable for me to ship to just about anywhere in the USA, regardless of weight.
I've got my own fedex account as well. It definitely helps on price, but with tires you're more than doubling the shipped weight. I won't comment any further I's only trying to help :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts