The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchase this kit in June of this year from BOE.
I was going to install it on my 2008 Elise SC in July when a personal setup back has caused me to reduce my projects down to a minimum :sad:
Since my car was already factory supercharged from the start, I wanted to maintain the factory look so I had BOE place the word "SUPERCHARGED" centered on the intake. The letters are etched (~2mils) not raised so it would be very easy to cover and/or paint the top for those who don't want to advertise.

I have looked at every part and compared it to BOE's installation manual and every part is accounted for and in perfect condition.
I must say this kit is extremely well thought out; it's worth every $.

I have spoken to Andrew at BOE and he (BOE) agreed to pass along the tuning portion ($850.00) to the new buyer.
I will include a snip-it of the email from Andrew. You won't have to contact BOE unless of course you're the new buyer.

I'm pricing the kit at 7150.00 shipped. lower 48 states. This includes the tune from BOE.
I will package kit inside two hard plastic containers and place inside separate cardboard boxes.

Snip-it from Andrew
"Though it is outside of standard protocol, I would allow the transfer of the tune to your purchaser, as long as their setup is a standard Elise/ Exige and US based.
The buyer of your kit would need to understand there is no implied warranty or expectation of a service model for secondhand parts as well, as you might expect.
Thanks, Andrew"

Thanks for looking
Rich
Now for the pictures (max of 5 files allowed so I didn't get all the parts displayed)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Wow, this is tough to pass up.

I know you've already explained pretty well what this all comes with but for 7100 bucks a few clarifying questions are in order. This is exactly what I would get if I purchased from BOE for 7850 on their site? I have a stock 2005 Federal Elise. Due to upcoming surgery, I won't be able to put this on until this winter. If I purchase this, I will then contact BOE and they will send me the mail order tune, correct?

My mouth is watering here..

Thanks!
Matt

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I can answer that question. You will have to send your ECU to Boe for the tune. My understanding is that only Black Dash cars 2008 and newer can do the remote upload.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I can answer that question. You will have to send your ECU to Boe for the tune. My understanding is that only Black Dash cars 2008 and newer can do the remote upload.
I’m not sure how true that is but I have an 07 Exige and my tune was done remotely. I didn’t have to send in my ECU.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
On the BOE site I see there is designation for various years. I am wondering if that's only for the tune? This kit should fit on my 05 just fine, yes?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I’m not sure how true that is but I have an 07 Exige and my tune was done remotely. I didn’t have to send in my ECU.
How long ago was that??. Thing has changed in the last little while. I did my 2006 very early this year, and had to send in my ECU.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
On the BOE site I see there is designation for various years. I am wondering if that's only for the tune? This kit should fit on my 05 just fine, yes?
It will be perfect for your car, and you Will love the power and torque. The difference from 2005 T4 to 2006/07 T4e is the ECU and again in 2008 and on, but Phil can tune for any year and model. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes it's exact BOE Rev 400 kit for $7850.00
On a 2005 Elise, you have to send BOE your PCM to get flashed. Starting in 2008, Lotus started using a CAN Bus and as a result, the flash can be done by the end user with easy to follow instructions sent by BOE via email.

Thanks
Rich

Wow, this is tough to pass up.

I know you've already explained pretty well what this all comes with but for 7100 bucks a few clarifying questions are in order. This is exactly what I would get if I purchased from BOE for 7850 on their site? I have a stock 2005 Federal Elise. Due to upcoming surgery, I won't be able to put this on until this winter. If I purchase this, I will then contact BOE and they will send me the mail order tune, correct?

My mouth is watering here..

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I guess the Fastworks server is still offline? I was able to remotely flash my '05 a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sale Pending

I received a deposit for the Rev 400 kit.
Sale is pending.

Thank you
Rich

1 - 15 of 15 Posts