The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are 2 versions of British Racing Green. 2005 had a flat green and 2006-? had a metalic flake. My model years may be off but i know there are 2 differnt BRG's

·
Registered
839 Posts
The British Racing Green (non-metallic) was offered as one of the standard colors beginning with the 2006 model year. The Lotus Racing Green was a metallic color, and I believe it was first available on the 2005 car. Sounds like what you have is the metallic version....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correct sir and again like i stated i may have my model years mixed up but what i have is the metalic version.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
And of course the totally useless piece of trivia is that there is no such thing as one, true 'British Racing Green.' Lotus has a color called British Racing Green, but that's just what they call it.

Green was the color assigned to British cars for F1 and other racing way back before sponsor liveries (blue was for the US, I believe). BRM, Lotus, and Cooper, Aston Martin, Lola, et al all used different greens, and all were 'British Racing Green.'

Oh yeah, except for privateers who ran their own colors, we can thank Lotus and Sir Chapman for all the gaudy sponsor liveries. He started the trend with the Gold Leaf Lotus'.

List of international auto racing colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

British racing green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
156 Posts
see your PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts