The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are looking for a car that turns heads and is amazing to drive, this is it. If you want a car that is fantastic at autocross and will beat super cars on the street and the track, this car will do it.

The car is Replica/Kit of a 1962 Lotus Seven. The car based on an improved design of the Lotus 7, with american parts, a high powered engine and a stronger frame.
Manufacturer: Brunton Automotive.
Model: Super Stalker,
Motor: GM L32 3.8L V-6 with Supercharger
Year built: 2005
Color: British racing green

Car was built in 2005 to Brunton suggested procedures using new parts. If you are not familiar with Brunton Stalker, they are very fast, reliable and the most fun on wheels. These cars have exceptional handling and power. Many of these street legal cars are used on the track and outclass most other high priced cars such as Corvettes. The engine has 7000 miles on it, 4400 mi on rest of car. My price is below the cost of parts alone. For more information on the replica manufacturer, check out Bruntonauto.com. I have detailed files on the build, a full list of parts used with part number and cost.*

The Paint is a base coat/clear coat British Racing Green. There are no blemishes and no scratches.

• Motor: From a 2004 Pontiac Gran Prix VIN#2G2WR554061308778 per Car Fax mileage of 4938 with 3.8 V-6 Supercharged motor
• Transmission: T5 manual 5 speed GM*
• American Racing rims and Toyo Proxes 4 205/50/R15 tires*
• Front disk brakes and rear drums
• Remote Oil Filter
• Roll Bar welded to frame with Petty bar forward support
• Removal Roll Cage (4bolts) with zip out vinyl top
• Exhaust is a 5"x18" muffler with Jegs Auger on each side. This produces a great sound that allows conversation while driving.
• Chev. S-10 differential with Limited slip

Don't want to sell it but I moved and can't import it.

You can find lots of photos of the car here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Asking $24,000. Car is in Richmond VA.
Funny. I just bought a Subaru in Richmond.

These are fabulous cars. I gave up my Caterham for a cushy Elise. It's fun, and nice being out of the weather, but Caterhams and Stalkers are WAY faster around the cones. If I was set up to have both, I would.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I built #72. Which number is this? GLWS, it took me quite a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh this is soo tempting and im moving to Richmond in a month.

What kind of power is this thing putting down? would this be an Ariel Atom killer?
If you have moved to Richmond, you definitely want this car! You will have the only Stalker in the metro area.

The car puts out 260 hp and weighs 1200 lbs, so power to weight ratio is 0.217, or about 1 hp per 4.6 lbs. If you look at power to weight ratio, you need to spend a very large sum of money to find a production car with similar numbers. Here's a list of the top 10 production cars by power to weight. Check out where this car sits on this list:
Best Power-to-Weight Ratio Cars - AskMen

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
oh this is soo tempting and im moving to Richmond in a month.

What kind of power is this thing putting down? would this be an Ariel Atom killer?
In short, yes. Especially since the Atoms seems to spend so much time broken. There is nothing in a SuperStalker that you can't buy your local FLAPS...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you have moved to Richmond, you definitely want this car! You will have the only Stalker in the metro area.

The car puts out 260 hp and weighs 1200 lbs, so power to weight ratio is 0.217, or about 1 hp per 4.6 lbs. If you look at power to weight ratio, you need to spend a very large sum of money to find a production car with similar numbers. Here's a list of the top 10 production cars by power to weight. Check out where this car sits on this list:
Best Power-to-Weight Ratio Cars - AskMen
Curious where you get this weight number from (1200lbs) The Florida title that came with mine (#129) lists 1500lbs. Mine is pretty bare, so I can't imagine where 300 lbs would have gone.

Maybe I need to weigh the car myself.

Anyway GLWS, Great cars.

-JM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious where you get this weight number from (1200lbs) The Florida title that came with mine (#129) lists 1500lbs. Mine is pretty bare, so I can't imagine where 300 lbs would have gone.

Maybe I need to weigh the car myself.

Anyway GLWS, Great cars.

-JM
The 1200lbs was the number I was given when I bought it. I just heard from Brunton that it is probably closer to 1500, and that the 3800SC horsepower is 260 at the wheels on the dyno, and more like 300 hp at the crank. So the power to weight would be 0.2 when compared to the cars in the article. Not the the .017 makes that much difference. :)

I only ran a couple autocross races, so I'm not sure. There were some really fast miata drivers. Miata has a completely different style of driving, and really fun as well.

cheers,
Robin.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The 1200lbs was the number I was given when I bought it. I just heard from Brunton that it is probably closer to 1500, and that the 3800SC horsepower is 260 at the wheels on the dyno, and more like 300 hp at the crank. So the power to weight would be 0.2 when compared to the cars in the article. Not the the .017 makes that much difference. :)

I only ran a couple autocross races, so I'm not sure. There were some really fast miata drivers. Miata has a completely different style of driving, and really fun as well.

cheers,
Robin.
Cool, yeah, it's still faster than hell. 260 whp is awesome, but the 300lb*ft at 2200 rpm.. that puts you in the back of your seat.

-JM

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Man, I want this so bad - what a beautiful little rocket! I wish I have the extra cash - dreaming of flying there and driving it back to CA for fun cross-country road-trip.

So is this registered as 2005 Brunton...or 62 replica 7 (please educate me)? Is it registered as kit car or special registration? Is it smog exempt? How hard to get a car loan on this one? Can you print a car fax, if any available?

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Man, I want this so bad - what a beautiful little rocket! I wish I have the extra cash - dreaming of flying there and driving it back to CA for fun cross-country road-trip.

So is this registered as 2005 Brunton...or 62 replica 7 (please educate me)? Is it registered as kit car or special registration? Is it smog exempt? How hard to get a car loan on this one? Can you print a car fax, if any available?
Sounds too fast for a Devil Dog.

San

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Price drop! Ebay auction! Must go!

Buy this Super Stalker, price dropped to $19,500 and it is on ebay auction at:

Lotus Super Seven V6 SC | eBay

This is your chance to own an amazing Seven!

Bonus! The car comes with 13" Diamond racing wheels and slicks, awesome for autocross or track days.

stalker2ndsetsmall08.jpg

Bonus! The car comes with a sun shade that zips onto the halo, and a Tonneau cover that can be unzipped to cover only the passenger side.

stalker2ndsetsmall17.jpg

Bonus! The Halo Roll bar comes off with just 4 bolts. Enjoy an unencumbered cage free car when pleasure driving.

Stalkerdriveposition_nohalo.jpg

This Super Stalker is a great car, and it needs to be in your garage! :shift:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts