The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First the story. I've had a Maltese for years and he passed away earlier this year. My son was so sad that he still cries when he was reminded of him so I figure I'll get him a new puppy. I've done a lot of research and finally adopted a Yorkie puppy from a rescue. He is a very intelligent little guy but unfortunately only after a few days, my son and I both became allergic to him. My son and I both have allergies but I thought that Yorkies being one of the most hypoallergenic dog (they have hair instead of fur) we would be ok. Sadly that wasn't the case and I had to return him to the rescue last week. It was a tough decision but I can't imagine living like this for the next 15 to 20 years. He is such a good little dog so I'm sure the rescue will have no problem finding him a new home. We'll miss you Kimi :(.

Kimi.JPG

Anyway, I got a bunch of dog supplies that I don't need anymore. Here is the list:

1) Gift Cards (I've confirmed the balance on all the cards)

- Petco remaining balance $24.33 ***Still available***
- Petco remaining balance $13.90 ***Still available***
- Petsmart remaining balance $77.88 ***Sold***
- Petsmart remaining balance $57.44 ***Sold***
- Petsmart remaining balance $43.88 ***Sold***
- Petsmart remaining balance $78.45 ***Sold***

For any gift cards, I'm asking 80% of its value (20% off). Just let me know which ones you want.

2) All-Natural Free Range Bully Sticks (contain no chemicals or preservatives)
Dogs love to chew on these. Unlike rawhides which often are not completely digested and therefore can cause intestinal blockage, these bully sticks are fully digestible. Bully sticks generally last a very long time. These bully sticks retail for $3-4 each for the 9" and $2-5 each for the 5" at the pet store.

- 26 sticks 9" long $45 ***Sold***
- 24 sticks 5" long $20 ***Sold***

3) PetzLife Oral Care Gel
Great product! PetzLife Oral Care Gel for Cats and Dogs

- 4oz bottle $19 ***Still available***

4) New Medium size Kong $5.50 ***Sold***

Shipping to anywhere in the US is included in all prices. Let me know what you need. Please PM me. Thanks.

DogSupply.JPG

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Such a sad story....I'm sorry. Another option would be to donate the items to your local shelter.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such a sad story....I'm sorry. Another option would be to donate the items to your local shelter.
I considered that but unfortunately I need the money. Already donated $650 to the rescue for the adoption.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sad story...cute dog........ I will take all the bully sticks off your hands for my beagles....as far as the gift cards, I'll pass this on to my sister who is a vet - maybe she knows someone who would be interested.....PM me the payment info....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
your PM box is full ;)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'll take all the Petsmart gift cards. Let me know how you would like payment.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your PM box is full ;)
Sorry. I cleared my PM box now. I got your payment for the bully sticks and I'll be sending them out today. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Sorry. I cleared my PM box now. I got your payment for the bully sticks and I'll be sending them out today. Thanks.
If you are coming to the BBQ/drive next weekend you could just bring them then if that is easier....That way if the food is not so good.....:D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are coming to the BBQ/drive next weekend you could just bring them then if that is easier....That way if the food is not so good.....:D
I hope you know what bully sticks are made of :D.

"Bully sticks are increasingly popular among dog owners who prefer natural safe and healthy chews for their pets. As pet lovers realize how enjoyable bully sticks are for their dogs, word of mouth spreads, and more and more dog owners incline to these tasty dog treats rich in protein and taurine, in spite of psychological barrier that some people occasionally have feeding bull privates to their beloved pets.

So let's dot the i's and cross the t's - what are bully sticks made from? A bully stick, or what it is also called, a beef pizzle, beef stick, pizzle stick, steer stick, is 100% bull penis. Bull penis is the only ingredient of bully sticks.

While processing, the bull's penis that is usually measures around 23-25 inches in length, is removed and cleaned. Manufactures of bully sticks hang the pizzles vertically to allow containing fluids to fully run out. Without these fluids the bully stick is odorless. At the next stage of processing bully sticks are stretched, twisted and then dried or/and smoked. The outcome is a 30-40 inches long hard brown stick which is then cut into pieces appropriate for dogs of all sizes. You can choose small bully sticks of 4'', large beef pizzles of 30'' and any length between."

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I hope you know what bully sticks are made of :D.

yikes:panic: no wonder my dogs like them...I dont think I can watch them eat them ever again......

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
got the pkg...thanks....

·
Registered
471 Posts
yikes:panic: no wonder my dogs like them...I dont think I can watch them eat them ever again......
If you can't deal with Bully Sticks, Ivan, how are you ever going to wolf down the Mountain Oysters?

EliseAtLeast, you are going to have to go back to a "poodle" breed. Yorkies are terriers. While they have hair, it is not the same as "poodle hair". I find that my clients who get Poodles, Bichons, Cotons, Maltese, etc. do well with the family allergies, but other breeds just don't work as well. I wouldn't live without a pet just because a family member is allergic. Just look for one of the poodle breeds again and you'll do just fine. But don't believe that any dog with hair doesn't cause or worsen allergies.

Steve

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sorry it didn't work out for you guys, hopefully you'll find another Maltese you'll like.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the pkg...thanks....
That was quick. Please make sure you give them to the dogs even though you might think they would go great with beer :D.

EliseAtLeast, you are going to have to go back to a "poodle" breed. Yorkies are terriers. While they have hair, it is not the same as "poodle hair". I find that my clients who get Poodles, Bichons, Cotons, Maltese, etc. do well with the family allergies, but other breeds just don't work as well. I wouldn't live without a pet just because a family member is allergic. Just look for one of the poodle breeds again and you'll do just fine. But don't believe that any dog with hair doesn't cause or worsen allergies.
Thanks Steve. I had a Maltese and we were allergic to him also but he was a stray dog we found and was old so we had to keep him.

sorry it didn't work out for you guys, hopefully you'll find another Maltese you'll like.
Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
One more thing to try if you're still in the search for a dog: Allerpet-D available at many pet stores or catalogs.

This is a liquid you either spray on or rub into the coat. It is supposed to enzymatically break down some of the allergenic proteins on the surface to make it less potent to the humans. I have clients use the one made for cats and it works 50% of the time. I have no clue if the solution for the dog works as well, but it might be worth a try. You could try it on a friend or family member's dog and spend some time with them to see if it helps.

It's a lot of work to have a pet in almost every case, and a lot more if your family is allergic. I guess it just depends on whether you miss having one around.

Steve

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One more thing to try if you're still in the search for a dog: Allerpet-D available at many pet stores or catalogs.

This is a liquid you either spray on or rub into the coat. It is supposed to enzymatically break down some of the allergenic proteins on the surface to make it less potent to the humans. I have clients use the one made for cats and it works 50% of the time. I have no clue if the solution for the dog works as well, but it might be worth a try. You could try it on a friend or family member's dog and spend some time with them to see if it helps.

It's a lot of work to have a pet in almost every case, and a lot more if your family is allergic. I guess it just depends on whether you miss having one around.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I think I'll be dogless for a while. At least until my son is old enough to move out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts