The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD****
>> Blackwatch Racing Supercharger kit <<
(This kit can be used on all model years, see post #10 below.)

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f172/blackwatch-2006-2007-supercharger-now-available-54201/
Please Note: BWR is not offering this kit at this time. Here's your chance...
I bought this kit several months ago, but due to an injury and other factors, did not install it. The kit is 100% complete and has only been out of the excellent BWR packaging for inventory. (Fair warning: a couple of parts may exhibit traces of drool:)).

This kit is perfect for a do-it-yourself installation. Fred at BWR said they will be happy to give installation support to the new owner. Here's a thread that has lots of info about what to expect:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/official-bwr-sc-install-thread-62510/

I bought the kit without a tune to keep my options open. So there will be no need to trade ECUs to deal with the tune issue (and your options are open, too). This gives you a few choices for tuning:
- PES tune (Fred confirms that you can still buy this tune through BWR)
- CharlieX Katana tune (at Goth.am)
- Custom tuning
- EFI standalone
- piggyback ECU

Here's what you get:

- this pic shows the form-fitting packaging BWR used, which will be used to ship to you
BWRscpackage.jpg

- complete documentation, including User Manual, Installation Manual, picture CD (tons of step-by-step pics), special tool, goodies
BWRscdocs.jpg

- hardware, injectors, bracketry
BWRschardware.jpg

- and the excellent plaster-cast BWR intake and manifold, pre-assembled to the blower (they do make it easy on you!) :drool:
BWRintakeview.jpg

- pulley (even vacuum lines) installed, too
BWRnoseview.jpg

First $3150 gets it. I'll pay shipping/insurance., saving you typically $65. A California buyer will also save the $272 sales tax applied to a Sector111 purchase.

I realize that this is a small discount. But it is a new-in-the-box kit. I figure if someone is shopping for a BWR or Katana they might as well let me hand them 300+ bucks. And if you prefer the BWR, it's a double win, because this is the only one on the market.
Vrooom!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Only 2006+ cars?

Is this SC only compatible with 2006+ cars?

I have an '05 Elise. :(

Thanks

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
438 Posts
If I understand correctly there are only two differences between 05 and 06+. The hardware difference has do to with the mouning of the IM and the TB. Then obviously the ECU are different I am assuming because DBW.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thanks Ben, appreciate the info.

I can understand the physical differences with mounting.

But I would think you could specify the tune you want on your ECU ('05 versus '06).

Guess I'll keep looking...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wayne, you might call Fred at Blackwatch and see what it would take to switch to the cabled throttle body interface. I think that's all you need to adapt. Anybody got a more definite answer?

EDIT: I got the answer from Fred - the kit will work on a 2005. See post #10 below...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the ecu,engine harness and throttle body as well as some of the crank case vent hoses are not the same.from throttle by wire to cable throttle.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the ecu,engine harness and throttle body as well as some of the crank case vent hoses are not the same.from throttle by wire to cable throttle.
To be clear, you are describing the differences between the cars, which is not the issue for a potential buyer. The buyer will still use their ECU (reflashed), throttle body, harness, etc. It is the supercharger package that will need some change(s), and that is what we need to look into. I have made an inquiry with BWR.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK, good news for 2005 owners who are interested!

Fred says that the kit will install to a 2005 car with no problems. The hardware difference is just a matter of a few bolts when mounting the throttle body. The tune is different, of course, but that's not a problem; you just get what you need.

EDIT: I reviewed the installation manual and it seem the only real difference is that on a 2005, when the TB is remounted, you reuse the studs, but on a 2006 you use 4 M8 bolts and a new gasket (all included). No big deal after all.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What was the original shipped purchase price?
I paid $3495 with no tune, plus shipping (forgot how much, it was reasonable).

The kit is not available from BWR right now, but their last price was $4000 with a tune; did not include return shipping for the reflash service. Taking off $600 for a tune from PES or CharlieX, that puts the last retail at $3400 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I paid $3495 with no tune, plus shipping (forgot how much, it was reasonable).

The kit is not available from BWR right now, but their last price was $4000 with a tune; did not include return shipping for the reflash service. Taking off $600 for a tune from PES or CharlieX, that puts the last retail at $3400 plus shipping.
So the real question is.. how much do you want, and can I scrounge it up in a few hours.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have a PM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BWR Supercharger

I posted at WTB a few days ago for this exact item. Assuming it does fit the 2005, please count me in as a serious buyer. I have funds available immediately if the price is right. Please pm me.

C

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have a PM.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm not seriously interested (cuz I'm a wuss and wont pony up the dough) but I kept wondering what you meant by "currently unavailable". Went to the BWR site and quickly realized what you were talking about.

Anyone know what up wit dat? just out of stock?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I finally decided to set an asking price.

First $3150 gets it. I'll pay shipping/insurance., saving you typically $65. A California buyer will also save the $272 sales tax applied to a Sector111 purchase.

I realize that this is a small discount. But it is a new-in-the-box kit. I figure if someone is shopping for a BWR or Katana they might as well let me hand them 300+ bucks. And if you prefer the BWR, it's a double win, because this is the only one on the market.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any idea what shipping would cost to Ohio????
Fedex Home Delivery might be the best option, as I think insurance is included. I'll need to double-check that; anybody know for sure?

Fedex would be $48 to Cleveland. PM your zip for a better quote.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump and a quick update:

I messaged a few folks (who were getting shipping quotes) that I had a buyer with an offer. That buyer has changed his mind, so the kit is again on the open market for the first person with money in hand. Now's your chance...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts