The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Swapping to a Sequential, as I need to be more in the power band to be competitive, but first step would be to sell my existing BWR built transmission with the BWR gearset and Quaife LSD.

In case you are not familiar with this gearset they are:
1. Stronger then stock
2. Closer then stock for easier shifting
3. 1st is much taller so it is more useful in autocross applications.

I will start with this terrible video where you can see how well it is shifting even shifting as fast as I can. The transmission has 10 minutes on it since this video.

This transmission was originally built by fred in August 2016. I most recently rebuilt it this summer replacing the 3-4 shift hub, the center bearing carrier plate, the 3-4-5-6 synchros and bearings. Everything but the 1-2 assembly as it was and is still working fine. It has 5 events on it since then, <1000 miles.

I have been running this with 260 WHP and slicks for ~15000 miles all track and I have not broke a gear, after breaking a number of them in the stock trans. I have temperature data on it for the last few events if you would like to see, it never got above 280 or so even on long sessions at COTA.

This is currently built with a Quaife LSD and a stock toyota 6th gear, which is fine if you don't have a roval nearby. I COULD put in a lotus 6th but we would need to discuss.

Only downside to this unit is that the bell housing has a hole in it where a clutch exploded. Thanks Fidanza. I have run it like this for over 2 years now, no additional cracking, and no signs that things are getting into the clutch area. The hole is about 2x golf ball size and kind of near the starter.

I paid $6800 for this, and I think now the price would be $7500 with the increase in labor and diff cost. Not sure what to price it at since none have ever sold so I'll just leave it open to offers. Feel free to PM me or email [email protected].

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
What sort of power would this hold? If you are 'only' at 260 WHP and want to change trans to hold more......is this really all this will hold?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will reportedly hold into the 400s. I am not changing to make more power just to reduce shift time.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you local in Houston?
I can get it to houston, or I have a crate for shipping if needed. I am in San Marcos, so it's not a big deal. If you need installation I could assist with that as well.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since everyone seems reluctant to make an offer and I have no idea what the market for this is I will start at $5500 + a core?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the hole, it is above and between the clutch fork and the starter area. Hard to get much of a picture in the car, but like I said it's been on there for quite a bit of abuse already and no worse for wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts