The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my 2005 Lotus Elise VIN # 30266. It has 11,500 miles on the clock. Lotus Racing Green (metallic), black leather interior, Touring Pack, Hard Top (& soft top), and Star Shield. Stock except for Pagid Blue brake pads (front) the rears are still original, but I will include a new set of Pagid Blues with the sale, or even install them if you wish. Tires are original and still have a bit of life left in them.

Car has had shifter recall performed. Dual oil coolers.

Has been stored garaged and only driven in the rain a few times (not intentionally). It does have a few imperfections: there’s a scuff on the Star Shield from some road debris on the front fascia; the driver’s seat has a 1-2” abrasion in the leather where a dealer’s technician scraped it with his keys, and the bottom of the front lip has some scratches. I also noticed that there is a nick on the edge of the driver’s door where it looks like someone got the seatbelt stuck in the door and closed it.

Extras:
- Lotus car cover
- Not installed: rear Lotus badge which I was going to install at some point but never got around to it.
- 3M film also applied to front of targa roll bar cover

Registered in California through 10/08/2007. Located near San Francisco.

Reason for selling: I’m moving to San Francisco & won’t be able to store a second car. I wish the Elise could be my only car but it’s just not going to happen. :(

Asking $33,500 OBO.

I also have a 1995 BMW M3 with a fairly rare (at least in the USA) European engine/transmission swap (321 factory hp) for sale. Contact me if you’re interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP. Updated the price. Also, corrected the VIN to 30266. Hope I didn't cause any confusion by the typo.

Title is clear and in-hand.

Price is OBO and I am leaving on the 17th to go out of town until the New Year... would be definitely willing to make someone a heck of a deal if they can take this car off my hands before I leave!

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyFutureSelfnMe said:
Your door doesn't seem to line up :)
I think this is an artifact of the photo -- probably made worse by the fact I had to reduce it in size to attach it to this post. Definitely no problems with the door. If you look at the picture closely, I think that you can see the reflection is what's causing the optical illusion. Still, I should take some more pictures of the car.

No paintwork or accidents.

Thanks!

- John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brennon said:
If you wanna trade for a jeep + cash I can do it, otherwise, I gotta sell my jeep first. :(
Thanks Brennon; unfortunately I have _3_ cars right now, and have to reduce that number to 1 as I am moving to San Francisco soon & will not have room for extra cars.

Thanks for the interest, and good luck selling the Jeep.

Best,
John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm the second. I bought it with about 3,000 miles on it from a SF local who I am still in touch with. It was originally purchased at SVAG.

Thanks!

- John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUMP -- Price lowered again to $33.5k OBO.

Best,
John
p.s. Subaru WRX, thanks for the offer. Of course, I probably wouldn't drive it that often either if it was across town at your house :-D. Better yet, how about you buy it and then you can drive it all the time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This beauty is still available! If it where located in Houston I would buy it today. Heck if you covered shipping I would pay $33.5K. However I am sure that would not be a fair offer for you. I hope someone buys this car soon so I can stop obsessing over it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any pics / details of the M3? I had a euro E36 (97) for 3 years while I was in France and miss that car terribly. The US E36 M3 just does not compare. I'd like to hear about the swap. (Sorry if this is a little off-topic.)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ranchero -- thanks for the kind words. I haven't heard from you in a few weeks. Let's talk. Maybe we can work something out.

deh20 -- just posted the ad for the M3:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=576085

I meant to make a web site years ago about the swap but never got around to making it "complete" enough to post. Email me and I can share with you what I did write.

BUMP! :D

- John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ranchero, thanks, we've been in touch since this was sent.

andex -- thanks as well; I replied to you via email.

cutter9, are you asking if the car is still for sale? If so, YES!

Thanks all for the continued interest. Now I'm just waiting for someone to pull the trigger.

Just drove her around today with the top off. Beautiful weather for a convertible right now... sure doesn't seem like January!

Best,
John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts