The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is this carbon dash. Only been installed for maybe a month. Only selling because im having to sell the car. So this needs to go. Really nice piece and not that difficult to install as one might thing.

There is a great write up with pictures on how to install on this site.

This is a TWRD piece. I originally paid about $690 Shipped for this, and waited almost 4 months! :eek:

Will sell today for $550 + Shipping.

Remember The Lotus S260 comes with a carbon dash. So add a piece of 260 Style to your car. It looks worlds better than the plastic.

And this is a full replacement piece not just a cover.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLD!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hey Bgwilly31 - I have a 260 and you are right, this loooks just like it. How do you care for this? I am worried UV will damage it and I have no idea what you can put on it to protect it (or if it needs protection). Can't seem to find out from Lotus either. Is water ok on a matte finish? I wouldn't think armour all or any other protectant like that is safe.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the armor all stuff you mentioned will be fine. I doubt u will have much troubles with it.

I recommend tinting your windshield. I do on all my cars.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
We have a UV coating on our CF. We've had it on a car in Hong Kong for over a year and a half without any discoloration. To clean it just use mild soap and water ***DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE ANY KIND OF WAX PRODUCT.***

BgWilly31 congrats on getting a beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
So is there any product you can put on it to stop it from clouding or yellowing? That blocks UV?
Out here in Las Vegas that must be a real concern.

Looks like a lot of cars have carpet on the dash and a bobblehead Jesus.

Next time I am on the other side of the tracks I will ask someone how it works.

they must know something we don't..:cool:

·
shay2nak
25,170 Posts
We have a UV coating on our CF. We've had it on a car in Hong Kong for over a year and a half without any discoloration. To clean it just use mild soap and water ***DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE ANY KIND OF WAX PRODUCT.***
why no wax? what about polish?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
why no wax? what about polish?
I am going to suspect it is due to petroleum distillates in many products - I stay away from that myself.

I have found something that is intriguing and they claim can be safely used on carbon fiber - 303 Aerospace Protectant 303 Products, Inc.: 303 Aerospace Protectant

Anyone have any experience with this? Supposedly its primary purpose is to block UV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts