The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[SOLD]

I'm selling the first Esta Carbon Fiber engine lid I got;

The lid came packaged poorly and has 3 clear/gel coat cracks, one of them severe. The locking mechanism bolts are offset incorrectly, so an AeroCatch would be highly recommended.

The severe crack has been sealed with nail polish. rotfl

It is ~6lb lighter than stock, you can paint it... re-gel/clear it, make a table out of it, set it on fire.

$100 obo. Local only... (Shipping would probably make it not so worth it)

The next two aren't bad and wouldn't be visible once installed, as they're toward the front of the car.

Damaged areas circled in red.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sorry to hear that you received such a poorly made and packaged product.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that you received such a poorly made and packaged product.
They sent me a new one, in better shape, though I still had to do some fitting on my locking mechanism.

I just need to get this one out of the garage now, would hate to just throw it away if someone wants a few lb of weight savings.

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's good to learn. Obviously, there's not much of a quality control process at the sweatshop where they're made.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
Nail polish works to fix a crack? LOL
I've got a part with a crack that needs to be filled in.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nail polish works to fix a crack? LOL
I've got a part with a crack that needs to be filled in.
It's ..Revlon(?) top coat, used it after I dremel'd out the lock-hole in the new one too, matches the gel coat, and should be strong enough. rotfl

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bummer, a great part idea spoiled. I'd buy it but it would need to be shipped to MA and it probably would add too much to the cost. And incure more damage. rotfl

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer, a great part idea spoiled. I'd buy it but it would need to be shipped to MA and it probably would add too much to the cost. And incure more damage. rotfl
Actually, I ended up sending it to someone out of state today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts