Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over 100 views and not even an offer? I thought people wanted these. Price is not firm. I will accept a fair offer. The kit is new and complete.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Rich

what does this set up look like when installed?
is it simliar to the set up on the car below?

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hmm, thanks.

Very helpful link. I was under the impression that these lights functioned kind of like daytime running lights. But, according to the link.. these only come on when you turn on the highbeams.(???)

Also, seems like its a bit of a pain to install. At least on the 05s.
They do look pretty cool though.

Hey Rich, if you don't sell these in the next week or so. PM me.
Its not a mod that I need, but I might add these just for the cool factor.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Hmm, thanks.

Very helpful link. I was under the impression that these lights functioned kind of like daytime running lights. But, according to the link.. these only come on when you turn on the highbeams.(???)

Also, seems like its a bit of a pain to install. At least on the 05s.
They do look pretty cool though.

Hey Rich, if you don't sell these in the next week or so. PM me.
Its not a mod that I need, but I might add these just for the cool factor.
IIRC, some have rewired so that the lights will function separately from the high beams. Apparently a very easy mod.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I installed the Lotus driving lights.

The lights are designed to come on with the high beams. These are VERY bright. I would not use these as a daytime running light setup or anything else other than to come on with the high beams.

Easy to install, I had fun doing mine. It comes with a shorter front Elise grill to allow room for the new lights.

pics of when i first got it installed. these don;t do it justice, they are very bright and i would say its meant for only certain situations where you won'y blind oncoming traffic:

note: at the time of the pic - my low beams were not the Ekological HIDs yet. So its even brighter now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Boondock Saint, I PM'ed you. Robert

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
This is the thread the link above originally came from. There is even more info and additional links in the thread.

The early '05s are a bit more difficult because the screws for the mounting brackets are not pre-installed. All the later cars have the screw inserts installed and all you do is attach the light mounts to the existing hardware. The wiring of the switch is descried in the additional posts and links in the thread.

·
Registered
86 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SOLD

Thank You.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And a thank you right back. It was great meeting you Rich, and now, at 3A.M. I am officially don with the install. I started at about midnight, so it wasnt too bad. Thank god the bracketry and wiring were conveniently already on my car. still havent gotten them to fuction on their own (only with high beams) but its first on my list of things to do tomorrow. Pictures to come soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts