The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to raise some cash here and I've had this sitting around for a while. It's a complete Nitrous kit for a Lotus. It's adjustable from 35, 50, 75 HP and includes jets, high flow valve, solenoids, line, tank, pressure gauge, automatic thermostatically controlled bottle heater, bottle blanket, quick release billet aluminum bracket, arming switch and full throttle safety microswitch, etc.

I was to get $700 for it plus whatever actual shipping cost is. It would cost you at least twice that to put together everything that is in this kit. Installation instructions included.

Cheapest quick safe way to easily add 50 HP. Several people here have done it, there is a write up here on this kit. No one has blown an engine or anything. Would be amazing on a supercharged car as nothing will ever cool your intake charge like a cold blast of nitrous. Even if you only use it on the 35 HP setting it will be a good boost in a Lotus that you can't even come close to for this price.

I'll wait for the ignorant posts about nitrous to follow most likely by someone who has no idea what they are talking about but likes to see their words on a webpage.

Think of it as a lightweight chemical supercharger with the best intercooler in the world, because that is basically exactly what it is. It will indeed put no more stress on your engine than a supercharger does and that is proven safe and effective on Lotus cars every day. Sure if you get stupid with trying to push the limits of how much power can be added or run without the additional safeties included in this kit bad things could happen but it's the same thing as when guys start cranking up the boost on their super or turbo chargers.

·
Registered
853 Posts
PM for you; no silly knocks on nitrous. Just a good old fashioned PM. Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nitrous gets a bad rep only because, its so cheap, idiots have easy access to it, and cut corners.

Properly set up, and not abused, nitrous will have no negative impacts on a vehicles longevity or reliability.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I had a setup on my car last Fall. 55 hp makes a huge difference. (I took it off after I was rear ended and before the insurance adjuster came to look at it.)

This kit is pretty nice. I should have bought it last Summer.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SOLD!
"check is in the mail" I'll update if anything changes.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NitrousExpress.com

There are several threads here about nitrous installs in Lotus. You can search for threads by Dave, Bleu Omdurman, Buzzman, Chris Mackey, or jndale for their installs. Dave did quite a nice write up. This is his old kit actually with some extras that I got for it then never installed.

It is sold, but you can find all the info on it in Dave's old thread. I just searched nitrous and the first 3 pages and didn't find it. Advanced search with threads started by Dave will probably turn it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts