The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1987 Porsche 944-S.

Bump for price reduction to $7900, need to sell!

One of the nicest condition original cars you will find, no dings, dents or scratches. Only 74k miles. Perfect interior. All service records from new plus original window sticker, factory build/spec sheet, tool kit, air pump and books. Stock expect for 17" twist wheels and turbo rear valance. Additional wheels/tires and accessories included. Reduced to $7900. Must see to appreciate. For more info please call 703/282-7076

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Any more pictures? I might be interested. Can I see pictures of the back seat area too? I've been trying to figure out a decent sports car to get that can provide weekend fun with a couple of little kids. I hadn't considered this!

I'm in Maryland. I could do this AND KEEP the Exige. :coolnana:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure Exigent, here's a few more pics. Sorry but I don't have any of the rear seat but I'll get glad to take some for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Thanks so much. Does it need anything that you know of? Does the AC work? All windows work? Anything else you know of?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything works, windows, sunroof, A/C. The radio works but is the original Blaupunkt, and typical of these cars the 22 year old speakers are crappy.

Mechancially the clutch disk, crank seal, and radiator fan switch and relay have been replaced in the last few months and the CV joints were repacked. Belts are all up to date.

The car has a Momo Protipo steering wheel in it now, but I have the original and it's in perfect condition.

And of yeah, the interior is a lot cleaner and better than the pics, these were from the previous owner. The rear cargo carpet is as new, the pic makes it look worn but it's not.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Here's a couple pics of the back seats in other 944s. It's a bit more room than the pic above from behind seems to indicate. Depending on how old your kids are it could be perfect for that type of usage:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JWA, I had a 944 when my son was growing up and he rode in the rear all the time.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
And of yeah, the interior is a lot cleaner and better than the pics, these were from the previous owner.

How long have you owned the car?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Maybe it'll come back to the Baltimore area. :D

I might have to come take a look, but I do have a spending limit that is less than what you're asking. Perhaps you can PM me and let me know if you're flexible on the price. You don't have to say it here.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rrVcinG8AY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rrVcinG8AY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k8JAJn-_858&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k8JAJn-_858&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I looked at Jay's car on Saturday. It really is every bit as nice as he claims. It's immaculate & he has every service record from day one. The steering and shifting is all very tight. If you're looking for a 944, this is as nice as they get.

I wanted to take it home with me, but my wife reminded me of our limited garage space. This car deserves to continue a pampered life. I've got the Porsche bug so badly that I'm giving up my Exige for a late model Carrera S (because it's the best sports car I can think of with a back seat). If I had the space, I'd keep the Exige and add this 944. It's that nice.

Also, just so you know - Jay is a super nice guy and a car nut of the first order. Wait 'til you see his garage! :up:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Scott!

Bump for price reduction, asking $9900.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice Car! I had a 944 and a 951 (944 turbo) both were very cool cars. Very hard to find one maintained properly as this on sems to be. Very decent price for a car in this condition. If the belts are up to date, especialy the balance shaft belt, then this is a worth every penny. I still have the front nose bra for my 951 in the basement (should fit the 944 too) If anybody from Lotus Talk buys this car and wants a bra for it and is willing to pay shipping I'll send it to them. Jay if you want it same deal. Pm me and pay for shipping and you can have it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts