The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey track junkies!

I have a great set of track rims/tires FOR SALE - $650 - local pick up only in San Gabriel (Harry's shop), Los Angeles County - will not separate or ship!

Rims: 16/17 Rota Slipstreams with custom metallic charcoal paint job (to match CF pieces) last year - in great condition! No center caps. Bought brand new from BWR.

Tires: Installed/balanced with almost brand new Federal 595 SRS tires, only put on and used for 1 track day at Buttonwillow, less than 350 miles. They are stored at Harry's A-1 shop in San Gabriel.

http://www.a1smog.com/

F: 205/50ZR/16
R: 225/45ZR/17

I think this was the Buttonwillow track day:

Here are some cell phone photos I took earlier:

I'm too busy with work and frequently on-call (like this weekend!). As such, I don't have the time to go to track as often as I like. I like them but they deserve a track car/good home and put to use. I'm not in a rush, so please no low balling! You guys can stop by and check them out at Harry's shop. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand that you don't want to seperate, but if anybody would like the wheels only PM me b/c i want just the tires. I'm local so i can pickup and we can make our own deal to seperate them.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
thats a sweet picture...!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Okay, I've never heard of Federal tires, but judging by the description and treadwear rating, seems they might be comparable to Dunlop Star Specs?

What was your experience?

595 RS-R Racing - OnlineTires.com

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I've never heard of Federal tires, but judging by the description and treadwear rating, seems they might be comparable to Dunlop Star Specs?

What was your experience?

595 RS-R Racing - OnlineTires.com
The grip is outstanding and consistent throughout all track sessions at Buttonwillow...fast corners and the sidewalls held up very eell also. This is more of a track tire than street. It was recommended by Harry (Harix) who's done a lot track days and he's very fast. Excellent comparable track tires at a fraction of the cost of Yokohama tires. However, I wouldn't use as DD, especially in the rain.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've received a few PMs from different people wanting either the Rotas or the Federal tires but not both, and even shipping...

I really just want a simple local pickup for both, for now...Thanks for all your interest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts