The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recaro SPG produced on June 2003. The centers are reupholstered in an off white suede material. There is also additional padding for the lower torso to better hold you in, though that material can be removed if you're wider than my 145 pound, 5'9" build. The front wings under the fabric have been trimmed slightly to better fit the Elise/Exige cockpit, but the trimming is not noticeable. Also includes the LotusSport rails for mounting Recaros and all necessary hardware, as well as a bonus piece of padding for your head.

$950 for both the seat and the rail. Available for local pick up in the Los Angeles and SF Bay Area. Otherwise will ship at your cost.

IMAG0855.jpg
IMAG0856.jpg
IMAG0857.jpg
IMAG0858.jpg
IMAG0861.jpg

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures to show that you can't notice the wings are trimmed.

IMAG0859.jpg
IMAG0860.jpg

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Has this actually been in an Exige? Any pictures in the car? Am I correct that this will bolt right in?

Was it necessary to modify the console or anything else on the car?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the rails that Lotus made especially for Recaros to fit in the Elige. They bolt right in. The seat was fitted in an Elise and cleared the frame and center console. However, it works best if you have longer than a 30" in-seam; if you're 30" or shorter you may want to sit closer and to do so would require further trimming of the wings of the seat. There's still a lot more material to trim if you need further clearance, but I didn't need to so I didn't do it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mighty mighty tempting!!! :panic:

Any pictures of the trimmed areas?
The second post shows the trimmed area. As you can see, you can't tell it's been trimmed when the upholstery is on. I can take pictures of the trimmed fiberglass, but I won't be able to do so until Friday.

·
Registered
238 Posts
any pics of how it looks installed? i'll be interested in picking it up from SF

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't generally take pics of my car so unfortunately I don't have pictures of it installed.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures of the trimmed fiberglass. As you can see, the trimming is very minimal and I made sure that it followed the factory Recaro lip shape. The trimmed area ends right around where my index finger is in the first picture.

IMAG0864.jpg
IMAG0865.jpg

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seat is up in the Bay Area for anyone that wants to take a look.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are bolted to the floor boards. There are a few bolt hole options for adjusting the position. When are you interested in viewing the seat?

For those in the Bay Area, the seat is still up here for this weekend.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just realized I still had this seat. I'm going to drop the price to $750 since all it's doing is taking up space. Also willing to entertain a trade for a stock Probax seat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, the seats were sold awhile ago.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Is that a pair of panties on your dresser?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts