The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a very cool Dry Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch (Wing not included). It is not clearcoated. However, It uses the UV resistant Epoxy Rasin to produce this item and therefore, you don't need to clearcoat it. It is made in the USA and it weighs only a bit over 9 lbs, just about 1/2 of the OE Hatch.
This is in "AS NEW" condition. It was on the car for less than 2 weeks.
If you buy one new ($2600 @ S111) it does not come with the mesh, but this one comes with a set of custom made Aluminum mesh (painted Black).
I will sell it for $19000 shipped via UPS Ground including the mesh. The mesh are attached on the hatch with High Temp Teflon Adhesive (Dark Gray in color) and they are easy to remove. Thanks.

Please PM me if you have any question. Thanks.

** The photo of the reverse side shows some uneven surfaces on the hatch. They are just the high temp silicone adhesive that was used to hold the mesh in place located at the 3 smaller rear openings. They can be removed and cleaned without any difficulty.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
That's awesome. It's too bad (for me) that CF cost so dang much.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
great piece!
how much does the stock hatch weigh?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now the price including UPS Ground shipping.:panic: This is a must have item if you want to make your Exige lighter and :crazyeyes.:D

FYI, You can transfer the mesh from your OE hatch, but its not easy since the factory used thick Rubber/Silicone material to install their mesh. The mesh on the CF hatch is identical to the mesh used on the OE Exige side scoops.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here is an another pic of the CF hatch with OE wing,:). It fits perfectly and it only takes 10+ minutes to install. The CF Diffuser/Under Tray is also for sale. Please look at the separate thread for it. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Here is a very cool Dry Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch (Wing not included). It is not clearcoated. However, It uses the UV resistant Epoxy Rasin to produce this item and therefore, you don't need to clearcoat it. It is made in the USA and it weighs only a bit over 9 lbs, just about 1/2 of the OE Hatch.
This is in "AS NEW" condition. It was on the car for less than 2 weeks.
If you buy one new ($2600 @ S111) it does not come with the mesh, but this one comes with a set of custom made Aluminum mesh (painted Black).
I will sell it for $19000 shipped via UPS Ground including the mesh. The mesh are attached on the hatch with High Temp Teflon Adhesive (Dark Gray in color) and they are easy to remove. Thanks.

Please PM me if you have any question. Thanks.

** The photo of the reverse side shows some uneven surfaces on the hatch. They are just the high temp silicone adhesive that was used to hold the mesh in place located at the 3 smaller rear openings. They can be removed and cleaned without any difficulty.

This is a long shot but is this still for sale?

·
Registered
312 Posts
$19K is a bit outta my price range....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts