The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to sell this locally first, but if I cant find any locals I'll be willing to ship.
I bought this carbon splitter from England, but when I held it up to the car it came about an inch short from the wheel wells, see pic. It has never been mounted to a car. Little things like this thing being a tad too short really piss me off, so I cant put it on the car. I'll sell it for $340, located in Northern VA

Imay even be able to get it clear coated for free if someone claims it before I got to the body shop on monday to get some other parts done

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
non-local dibs?!

Edit; It looks like it's intentionally short of the wheelwell, and not defective, am I correct in that assumption?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one if from the guy that I PM'd you about.
I had another splitter that reached all the way. I emailed the company in the UK that made it, and they said it was too short. They wont refund me, but they did offer me a huge discount if I buy another one. You are first on the list if no locals claim it by next week

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
This one if from the guy that I PM'd you about.
I had another splitter that reached all the way. I emailed the company in the UK that made it, and they said it was too short. They wont refund me, but they did offer me a huge discount if I buy another one. You are first on the list if no locals claim it by next week
Aye, I figured as much..

pm sent

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think we all would like to know who the company is so we can be fore warned that they don't take returns on admittedly defective parts. I know I wouldn't deal with a company like that. Please, tell us who it is.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a guy I found in England through ebay that makes them, not a known or specific company. He admitted that this one was cut a little short and is offering to make me another at cost, which I am totally fine with. The situation hasnt been fully resolved yet, but hes working to make it all good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, I'll be the local guy to nibble. How difficult is this thing to install - does it come with instructions and hardware? Did the vendor provide any pictures (or do you have any) of the splitter installed?

...and does it have any functionality or is it just for looks?

Thanks - heard your name around and look forward to meeting you sometime.

-Bill in Gaithersburg
'05 Elise, nightfall blue

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OK, I'll be the local guy to nibble. How difficult is this thing to install - does it come with instructions and hardware? Did the vendor provide any pictures (or do you have any) of the splitter installed?

...and does it have any functionality or is it just for looks?

Thanks - heard your name around and look forward to meeting you sometime.

-Bill in Gaithersburg
'05 Elise, nightfall blue
Don't do it, they're made of cardboard, have to cut your front clam in half to put it on, and it all just for looks!

Just kidding, this will however require drilling a few holes in your clam, and it's functional.. I doubt it comes with instructions, or hardware though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha ha, it is super easy to install.
I already put two on after annihilating the first on a speed bump and the second on a squirrel. All you do is drill about 6-8 holes in the bottom of the clam and bolt it on with some 8mm bolts. You can also put some double sided tape in between the splitter and the clam.
Here are some pics of one on the car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts