The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$160 plus shipping + your stock side scoops
Made with stock elise scoops and high quality mesh from customcargrills
They are also plastic coated to match the original looking plastic finish of the other exterior parts. Bolt in exactly the same as stock scoops

on the car

·
Registered
275 Posts
I do understand why you need the orig., but how much would they be without the originals?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Oh, you made them all yourself? Any chance I could buy/trade all the front clam pieces with you? And side gills if they're not sold?

·
Registered
532 Posts
hmm not sure, probably enough to buy another set of them.
I need the originals for when i sell the car
Are you selling the car sometime soon for some reason :eek:

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
I've got news for you...those side mesh bits would look good on an Exige, too!

Very nicely done.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you selling the car sometime soon for some reason :eek:
nope just bought a set of reverie scoops.

are these parts you can manufacture? I'm local and I'd be interested in seeing these in person.

I made them, but they took a ton of work. I may make another set but am unsure if I will or not

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How hard were the other mesh parts such as below the access panel and trunk lid and front clam?
The only hard part about the radiator mesh was the bodywork on the plastic bits after you cut the slats. The engine mesh is super easy and straight forward. The front mesh took a couple trials to get something I liked, but in the end I grinded off about a 1/2 inch from the front opening and shaved of the tabs for the oil cooler grills. I then expoxied mesh behind the cooler openings and made brackets for the front mesh that are hidden

1 - 20 of 23 Posts