The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[SOLD] FS: Elise Wheels (standard), San Diego

I have the four wheels off my 2005 Elise for sale. Silver color.
I'd call them "Touring Wheels", but I fear that Tim Mullen may still be around. -poke-

The wheels are in excellent condition -- NO scratches, dings, or curb damage. No extra charge for the countless Zaino coats, either. So slick they shrug off brake dust with a water hose.

The rear tires are worn out. I left them on the rims in case I got a flat and had to swap one out, but there's no usable tread left. The front tires are at the wear bars. All four are the original (AD07) tires.

Forget about the tires -- you're buying the wheels. Maybe a curb jumped out and rashed your wheels, or you want a spare set for winter driving, or to experiment with, or to take to the track. You have your reasons.

I'm in San Diego, and would prefer to sell locally. I can deliver them just about anywhere in greater San Diego, from Oceanside to the border.

At this time, I am not offering to ship the wheels. I would have to remove the tires first, and I'm not equipped to do that without possibly scratching the rims. Then I'd have to pack them up and pay absurd shipping rates, which just about kills the deal. So, local sales only, unless you can find a San Diego shipping agent to pack them for you.

I'm asking $410 for all four. Too much? Make me an offer! I have these covered and garaged now, and am motivated to clear them out.

The pictures came out a bit dark -- just ask if you have anything specific you want to know.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the four wheels off my 2005 Elise for sale. Silver color.
I'd call them "Touring Wheels", but I fear that Tim Mullen may still be around. -poke-

The wheels are in excellent condition -- no scratches or curb damage.

The rear tires are done. I left them on the rims in case I got a flat and had to swap one out, but there's no tread left. The front tires are at the wear bars. All four are the original tires.

Forget about the tires -- you're buying the wheels. Maybe a curb jumped out and rashed your wheels, or you want a spare set for winter driving, or to take to the track. You have your reasons.

I'm in San Diego, and would prefer to sell locally. I can deliver them just about anywhere in greater San Diego.

Shipping isn't cheap, but we can talk about it.

I'm thinking $450 for all four. Too much? Subscribe to this thread because I'm going to keep bumping the price down until they're out of my garage.
I'm in the market for wheels but have no idea of a reasonable price. I'm on the east coast so shipping would be a problem.

Dan

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price drop: $425 for all four, includes local delivery.. anywhere between Irvine and the Mexican border.

If I have to ship them, I'll have to pull the tires off the rims, and I'm feeling impatient, lazy, and underequipped.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
$400.00
That's $100 a wheel! That's less than the cost of touching up curb rash, fer crying out loud.

Something's bothering you.. what is it? I have to know why these haven't sold yet. Make an offer, point out some dust in my pictures, or complain about the missing centers..

Should I put them in storage until warmer weather drives up demand? Do I have to box these up and charge shipping?

I have a water softener coming in two days, and it needs to go right where this stack of four wheels is standing. Do me a solid, as the kids say..
box them up and charge shipping!!......speaking of which what would it be in $$ to 85304rotfl

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's the thing -- to ship them, I'd have to strip the tires off them. I don't have a car-sized bead breaker, and I fear that any attempt to "learn as I go" with a 2x4 or something will leave the rims scratched. I still scratch the occasional motorcycle rim trying to get tires off.. not going to try it here.

That, and since I don't have a corporate UPS account, I find the shipping rates for large boxes to be somewhere between Absurd and Obscene.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.