The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale:

Fronts are 16x7 with 205/45/16 Hoosier R7 tires.
Rears are 17x9 with 245/40/17 Hoosier R7 tires.

Tires are new. Nitrogen filled and road force balanced.

$1600 plus shipping

PM me or send email to dmwengineering at windstream dot net

Thanks!

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I mean that's their intended use, but they are road legal and I've driven some on them on the street even been pulled over with them.
Kevin, pulled over with slicks on! Now that is story I think you should tell.

By the way David, the OP, is a very good guy. If you want or need these tires and wheels, you can trust him.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Kevin, pulled over with slicks on! Now that is story I think you should tell.

By the way David, the OP, is a very good guy. If you want or need these tires and wheels, you can trust him.

Later,
Eldon
It's not too exciting of a story. I hadn't been driving the car on the street really for a few months, but one of my co workers wanted to see it, and I live like 5 miles from work down a street that before this day I had never seen a cop on. There are particularly few cops in this area as the city lost its ability to write tickets on the state highway.

Sure enough on this day a cop is going the other way and sees the car with the giant wing go past with no front plate. Does a U-Turn and pulls me over. He finds the following: No plate, no registration, using a harness, headlights are covered by vinyl (there were none in fact), no horn, brake light's don't work (I didn't know this or I would have fixed) I did have insurance and my licence on me so he just gave me the no registration ticket, which I paid and now I don't drive it on the street anymore :(

But back when the car was slightly more road legal I used to drive to cars and coffee on heat cycled slicks and such. They are ok on the road as long as its not pouring.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I'd like to have those. I'm in Washington. 98632. Long way to ship... I'll email you and see if we can work something out if still available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts