The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Matte black Euro Exige rims + Glossy black OEM rims with Toyo Proxes 4 (NYC area)

R888 tires, LSS rims and center caps are sold.

$1,100 for matte black powder coated 8 y-spoke (euro exige) rims, excellent shape, 16/6.5 front and 17/7.5 rear. Powder coating cost me $500.

$800 for glossy black stock rims with Toyo Proxes 4, plenty of tread and great as spare rims/tires for cold weather.

Local pickup only in Pelham NY 10803

Attachments

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
If I hadn't just bought SwingLo's '08 Elise SC wheels, I would have been down there 2 hours after you posted yesterday....... :) I love the SC wheels, but these are even better.. And already black!

GLWS!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
are the LSS set you are selling lighter than these?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the LSS are lighter. I put up a post "Elise/Exige tires and rims" a while back that has more info. Still trying to sell locally. Looks like I have dibs on tires unless somebody buys as a set soon. Euro exige rims seem to go for about $900 - $1000 or so and they are usually silver with some signs of wear...I am trying to cover at least some of the $500 cost to powder coat in matte black, and they are in very nice shape. I bought them used in silver and there were no signs of repair before powder coating. Thanks for your interest. If they don't go in the next 2-3 weeks, I may keep them for now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there are no takers for Euro Exige rims with r888 as a set, I have dibs on tires and will take them off this weekend. Matte black Euro Exige rims are still available for $1,150 and black LSS for $1,300, local pickup in NYC area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LSS rims and R888 tires are sold. Still have matte black powder coated euro exige rims 16x6.5f/17x7.5r for $1150.

Also have stock 8 spoke rims (16x5.5x195f/17x7.5x225r) powder coated ($500 cost) in glossy black with toyo proxes 4 (5-6/32 tread rears and 7-8/32 fronts) that I used for dry sunny winter days since late 2010, for $900, great condition and great tires for cold temperatures, no curb rash.

Prefer local pickup.

I will keep one of these when the other set is sold.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yes, they only had few very small chips that were repaired before powder coating to make perfect. Didn't see any signs of curb rash or other repair.

Will take some more pictures of the rims now that tires are off, hopefully this weekend.

Happy to show them before purchase, I'm in Pelham, NY 10803.

More pictures before and after, don't have any other before pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
also stupid question, but are these the same size as the LSS?

Will I be able to mount the same tires on these wheels as my LSS?
I know the base wheels are different sizes than the LSS, but what about these guys?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
6.5 is early model, I know 07 and below. I put a set on my wife's 05 Elise and they were fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.