The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new Exige S260 style hard top for sale. This is an exact replica, but is not a genuine Lotus part. This is the same hard top from the group buy last year (made in the UK). The quality is excellent and the fitment was spot-on. Keep in mind this is unpainted, and will need a very small amount of bodywork, as is standard for any fiberglass piece. There may be tiny imperfections or spots in the finish. No hardware is included, only the top itself.

Mounted to the car:

Not looking to profit from this, so I am asking $1300 SHIPPED. Local pickup would be great (will discount), however I do have the original box I can use. PayPal or cash on pickup. Located near Seattle. PM me if interested, thanks!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
any reason you're selling this? just curious--I was part of the group buy as well...

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually didn't get it as part of the group buy, however it came from the same manufacturer.

I'm selling to clear up some space and clear up some funds. If it doesn't sell at this price I guess I'll keep it to be painted down the road.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump, had some interest but the roof is still available. PM me with your zip code for a shipping estimate.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If importing the car in pieces and reassembling it on a US-legal chassis is considered genuine, then yes! But it's actually a 6 Tommi Mak edition.

Someone buy my roof and help get that Evo a paint job!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have one of these tops, and it is a high quality item, totally worth the asking price. I'm VERY happy with mine. GLWS!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll take it if you can bring it with you when you head south. Pm me or call with details of when and where. - Rob.

408-355-0081

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rob, unfortunately I won't be able to bring the roof down to Monterey with me, as I'll be flying commercial. Offer still stands though!

Still available!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I've had a whole lot of interest, however shipping seems to be an issue. Unfortunately shipping a hard top across the country isn't cheap. So I'm making it a flat discounted price for all. $1300 shipped!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
This was the same roof I had for the group buy. The part is quality and fits perfectly on the car without any extra work. If you want to see one finished, I have attached pictures of my car with the roof on it. It doesn't need anything but the seal carriers and seals on the sides by the windows. Mine doesn't even leak!

GLWS!!!

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll post a new thread on the Tommi Mak soon. And thanks Zach, your pics are what led me to order one!

Also $1150 picked up if anyone is local.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't believe this hasn't been picked up yet! Sale today will ship out tomorrow!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sorry for the off topic post but there's a real Tommy Makinen edition VI in Nashville. Lane Motor museum owns it and brought it to the Cars and Coffee last weekend along with a Renault spyder

Again sorry for the off topic post. Free bump for a good product though. If I didnt already have one I'd be interested.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If importing the car in pieces and reassembling it on a US-legal chassis is considered genuine, then yes! But it's actually a 6 Tommi Mak edition.

Someone buy my roof and help get that Evo a paint job!
I am a big fan of the evo as well! I used to have an 8 here in the states. Still have an Evo 3 and 5 in the Philippines. Would love to get my hands on a 6.5!! Can't wait to see your thread on this car. Glws on the roof!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Zack, have you been able to source the screen for the scoop?
Sorry for the late response. My car is sleeping in the states as I just moved to the UK.....so Im not on the boards as often anymore. The screen is a weird one. I talked to BRG about it and they told me only some cars had the screens. They end up being about 150-200 dollars for the kit. I made my own kit by buying mesh from amazon for like 10 bucks. As you will see in the opening, their are spots to drill holes and used the clips that are used on the interior to hold screws. I then took a piece of black plastic made a template and created a finishing piece to clean up the edges.

Cheers,

Zach

1 - 20 of 21 Posts