The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend sell a complete OEM AP Racing / Brembo system off of an Exige S 260 Sport. The brakes were removed from the car after seeing less than 100 miles! He bought the car with the intention of doing a full build and a more aggressive, track-oriented brake setup was already selected for the project. Here's what you get:

FRONT:
- AP Racing 4 piston, two-piece calipers
- AP Racing two-piece, cross-drilled rotors with aluminum bell housings
- Pagid RS14 brake pads (99% remaining)
- Goodridge stainless steel brake lines (brand new - in plastics)

REAR:
- Brembo signle piston, one-piece calipers
- Brembo one-piece, cross-drilled rotors
- Pagid RS14 brake pads (99% remaining)
- Goodridge stainless steel brake lines

We're looking to get a modest $2,500 for the entire setup. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're not in a rush, and this is a very reasonable offer...so no low ball numbers, please. Thank you for reviewing the thread.

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_1 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_2 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_3 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_4 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_5 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_6 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_7 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_8 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

Exige S 260 Sport Brakes_9 by syxspeedemon, on Flickr

·
Registered
913 Posts
For confirmation; are the rears the same set of calipers & rotors that come OEM with the 07+ Exige? Are you willing to part out the front set only?

Also, given this is your first post - do you have any references/vouches for post sales (ebay/other forums/etc)?

Thanks & PM'd

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For confirmation; are the rears the same set of calipers & rotors that come OEM with the 07+ Exige? Are you willing to part out the front set only?

Also, given this is your first post - do you have any references/vouches for post sales (ebay/other forums/etc)?

Thanks & PM'd
You're correct. The rear assembly is the same setup that's found on the "standard" Exige. We felt the asking price was reasonable for the front in and of itself (Brembo kit retails for $2,800). I was really just looking to throw in the rears. I felt that anyone looking to purchase them could benefit from having a backup set. But if you'd like to make an offer for the fronts, it wouldn't hurt to consider it. As for the ad being my first post, I had a feeling the more astute members would see that. I don't do a lot of online sales. I'm a member of several other forums (s2ki, 6speedonline, teamspeed and rx7club) but the only other thing I can think of that I tried to sell on a forum was my AP2 S2000 and that sold offline to a local gentleman. I'm just your run-of-the-mill auto geek that wanted to help out a friend (he's a technical savant, but lacks computer compatibility...no one's perfect).

·
Registered
913 Posts
You're correct. The rear assembly is the same setup that's found on the "standard" Exige. We felt the asking price was reasonable for the front in and of itself (Brembo kit retails for $2,800). I was really just looking to throw in the rears. I felt that anyone looking to purchase them could benefit from having a backup set. But if you'd like to make an offer for the fronts, it wouldn't hurt to consider it. As for the ad being my first post, I had a feeling the more astute members would see that. I don't do a lot of online sales. I'm a member of several other forums (s2ki, 6speedonline, teamspeed and rx7club) but the only other thing I can think of that I tried to sell on a forum was my AP2 S2000 and that sold offline to a local gentleman. I'm just your run-of-the-mill auto geek that wanted to help out a friend (he's a technical savant, but lacks computer compatibility...no one's perfect).
Thanks for the info; I appreciate the response. I am a regular on S2Ki & use the same screen name as well. Do you also use the same screen name on those boards (Found this but:http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/user/87822-syxspeedemon/)?

Nothing personal on questioning for vouches - but for the serious buyer looking to spend, its a valid question I suppose to look for references especially with the notion you are selling for a friend.

I'll continue with you over PM, thanks.

EDIT: Clean S2K

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/910365-sold-fs-2005-s2000-in-fort-lauderdale/page__p__21164470#entry21164470

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,616 Posts
I thought you'd see more response on this. I think the price is fair. I already have the larger APs on all corners but free bump for you.

San

·
Registered
978 Posts
Are you willing to part out the set? I have AP calipers already but need the rotors. If you want to sell the rotors separate please PM me a price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
livethedream, the owner is not willing to part the matching components. But, if the pricing works for him, he's open to the idea of parting the AP setup from the Brembo.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If the owner or buyer also is willing to part out the pads (since people often have varying pad preferences), I will take the Pagid blacks.

·
Registered
913 Posts
OP, I'd be interested in the AP set with the pads, lines & disks - just let me know over PM what the pricing would be - I sent you a PM response yesterday.

Mike, if I get them & decide not to use the pads; I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Man JP one of these days I seriously want to fly up there and see how my old car is doing. I am so bummed I am Lotusless right now...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are the pads used on the standard one piece AP racing calipers on Exige 07 the same size/compatible with these or is it a totally different pad style?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Payment Sent! :)

Anyone know where to source the missing OEM Lotus Caliper bolt besides the usual online Lotus Garage shop? San mentioned to contact Stillen, just looking for other references, thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts