The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have accepted giving up the track hobby after about 100 days out there, it’s time to release her trailer.

Can’t remember the model number but I can get it off the title. I believe it’s the 14” model, just the right length for an Elise or Exige. Has been used for our Europa and of course would work for those smaller Lotus or a Miata or such.

Professionally installed factory air dam and tire carrier. Aluminum accessory box. You can have the older straps and some assorted useful bits there as well. The box was bent once by an embarrassing jack knife but has been roughly beaten back out in one minute by the hands of a genuine professional body shop dude out in the parking lot with a big hammer.

Aluminum angle pieces placed just right for your Elige.

The tires have basically all the thread left, they are the second set on the trailer. But they are a few years old.

Cosmetically it looks like a nice trailer that was kept outside 90% of the years I’ve had it.

We are in Western North Carolina, would come a few hours to meet any buyer.

Any questions please fire away here so that others can know as well.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a Dentist, hence that tag.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best I can remember we have over $7,000 in this trailer all told. This including the air dam, tire carrier and accessory box.

In no hurry to let it go, I guess Spring is more the time to sell such a thing, just now getting around to it.

Asking $4,000

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,392 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess that might make a difference in the price too. Apologies, having a typical dumb evening. Not going to edit it

·
Registered
294 Posts
That model available in different lengths and widths.

Could you please confirm and post both the length AND width of the bed.

It has electric brakes, I assume?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll measure the bed, but it has about five inches on the sides of the rear wheels of our Elise.

The ramps are not stock, those have the bevel on the free end totally upside down for a low car. I got some aftermarket ones with the bevel sensibly angled

Forgot, I have a set of Raceramps about six feet (not six inches) long that complement the metal ramps for lowered cars. Included.

5FC2A1BF-280C-4EC5-B76E-EDA038783686.jpg

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
“The open car trailer Model 3110 ranges in length from 14’ to 24’. It has a width of 8’ or 8’6”, depending on the trailer’s length.” So I guess it’s the 8 feet (not inches) width.

“The trailer rides on two rubber torsion axles with electric brakes.”

Frankly, the Trailex is an awesome even lighter trailer with really nice accessory options, but it has axles supported by leaf springs that look to me like the whole side would fail if a tire goes. Not sure though. But the Featherlight can run on one tire per side if it has to.

·
Registered
294 Posts
From the Featherlite page you referenced:

Width 14' & 17' 6" = 8' or 8' 6"; 20', 22' & 24' = 8' 6"

Fender to Fender Width 8' 0" = 73 1/2"; 8' 6" = 79"

I measured the outside to outside dimensions of my car's rear tires at about 68", so if there is 5" on each side of your car, maybe your trailer is the 8'6" width with 79" between the fenders.....

maybe.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will check.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deck is 14 ‘ (not inchesj long and 79” (not feet) wide

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump. Getting to be the track time of year soon.

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
A shout out to the OP, I have a Featherweight with similar outfitting but 17 ft deck for my RX7's and Evora. Must say these are very well made and tow like a charm and I'm only using a little old Sequoia. $4000 for this posted trailer is a great buy.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A shout out to the OP, I have a Featherweight with similar outfitting but 17 ft deck for my RX7's and Evora. Must say these are very well made and tow like a charm and I'm only using a little old Sequoia. $4000 for this posted trailer is a great buy.
Thanks Julian. The trailer needs to be used. We sure enjoyed it a lot but my track days are likely behind me now.

Raceramps included too. Together with the non stock alumium ramps it’s good for low cars.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes we do. My sister has it at her horse ranch and uses it to occasionally haul some of their horse stuff. It sure needs to be used.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts