The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought what was advertised as a "pair" of used 05-06 headlights, and I immediately discovered that I have one too many left hand headlights.

I don't see any of the "burning" on the housing that many seem to complain about, but there is some fine scratching on the outside of the lens. This probably could be polished out, but I can't make guarantees. Basically, two separate scratches - see pictures for a better idea.

Everything else looks OK, although the 2-3 speed nuts that attach the housing to the metal headlight bracket are not included.

Also, it seems many of you have rings that were added to the housing to hide or prevent further "burning" - this housing doesn't appear to have any such additional ring.

I don't know if the guy is going to screw us over (hey, perhaps he's on the forum and reading this now) but I thought I would post this to see how much we might be able to recover for this extra headlight in the event he doesn't want to play nicely...

So, I guess feel free to post questions here or PM me for offers!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...is this just the black plastic housing assembly, or do you have the clear lens as well?..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, I can always count on a good time on this forum...

Yes, the clear lens and black plastic housing would both be included - look at the pics!

It sounds like the guy may actually have a right headlight and intends to send it, so we will see where that goes. If it actually arrives, this light may no longer be available.

Sorry, but I won't be putting any RH side headlight up for sale...:no:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts