Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if I could get a nice trade for a lotus or what I want cash for it
Car has absolutely no issues and isnt for a beginner.
On 93 octane with mild boost of 27.5 lbs car put down 580whp on a mustang dyno
build has about 2k miles on it. Shell has 90k
I will sell outright for 30k or trade for a nice well maintained lotus

Mods include
Fully built motor
Dcr option b block good for 1000whp
dcr pro series head with oversized valves, light weight retainers and springs
modified lifters with a crower stage 2 cam
mpx adjustable cam gears
arp headstuds

Turbo kit is a tunergeeks top mount tubular manifold with 3 inch downpipe all ceramic coated
precision 6262 .64 ar housing
precision 46mm wg
full vband

Agp intake manifold (only 10 ever made)
Boomba 70 mm throttle body
turbo xs bov
2.5 inch intercooler piping with tunergeeks full race intercooler

Rc 750cc injectors
full blown dual pump hanger with 2 aeromotive 340 pump
-8 feed and return lines
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
boomba fuel rail
aeromotive fuel filter

Agp solid mounts
dcr solid center mount

Transmission has all new synchros and sliders
Kw billet input shaft
billet shift selector and gear extender
act 6 puck clutch
modifed brass pivot ball and modified shift fork

Braille lightweight battery
4"short ram intake
full line lock vaccum lines with mac boost solenoid
N2mb wot box with two step. And boost box
aem wideband
apexi turbo timer
mopar shoft shifter
maxxfab single exit 3" exhaust with muffler

Exterior and interior.
Cf hood, arm rest, hvac, and speedo cluster
anodized red shift knob
led interior lights
kw clubsport coilovers
xxr 527 17x8. 25 wheels wrapped in hankook ventus v4es 245/40 tires
Dc rear strut bar
Mint viper seats

My car has no issues. No cel lights or warning lights at all. It has a clean title and has been taken care of meticulously.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts
Your expectations are a bit high at 30k.
You'll be hard pressed in convincing someone to
Purvhase a used car with a price higher than its msrp

Good luck

·
Registered
442 Posts
You do realize that blue book on your car is $6,000? Mods are typically worth .50 to every dollar you spent...so by your math you've invested over 50k into a Dodge Neon?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You do realize that blue book on your car is $6,000? Mods are typically worth .50 to every dollar you spent...so by your math you've invested over 50k into a Dodge Neon?
Just sold my 2003 SRT-4 and have been pretty involved in the community for ten years. In general I'd even say $0.50 on the dollar for mods is too much. Probably more like $0.10 on the dollar, more if its done well, unless its a publicized build by high profile tuner (Underground Racing comes to mind). This build seems really nice but the price is off by at least a factor of two, I'm so sorry to say. -eek-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Idk whats soo funny about having a built car. And there is a lot of money in the car. Easily would make the .50 cents per mod 30k value. And if you have been in the community for 10 years you know 03s dont compare to 05 and dcr is a huge company that has 8 second srts lol. I dont need to sell or trade just seeing whats out there. All the people thinking its funny are ignorant. A lotus is a nice car with alot of potential but at the end of the day its still has its flaws and lacks alot of power. Not all of you have supercharged ones and even those dont make much power. I just want to build a 2 door next. If you dont like the car dont comment. Act like adults

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Idk whats soo funny about having a built car. And there is a lot of money in the car. Easily would make the .50 cents per mod 30k value. And if you have been in the community for 10 years you know 03s dont compare to 05 and dcr is a huge company that has 8 second srts lol. I dont need to sell or trade just seeing whats out there. All the people thinking its funny are ignorant. A lotus is a nice car with alot of potential but at the end of the day its still has its flaws and lacks alot of power. Not all of you have supercharged ones and even those dont make much power. I just want to build a 2 door next. If you dont like the car dont comment. Act like adults
Wait... You have spent over $60,000 on a Dodge Neon SRT-4? :crazyeyes

...Insane!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I wasn't comparing my SRT to yours, but I guess I stand corrected? The difference from 03 to 05 is a whopping LSD and injectors (and accompanying factory tune for PCM). So, yeah, woah, way different? :scratchhead:

I got $4700 for my 03 with 155k miles and mostly stock with very few problems. Your car isn't worthless, but it's certainly not worth $30k here. You know you can get a used Viper for $30k? The value is just not there. I'm also aware of DCR's tube frame race only 8 second SRT. That has been in existence for almost as long as I've owned my car.

Good luck with your sale. :wave:

Okay last edit: The least you could do if you want top dollar for your car is to wash it, run some simple green over the engine bay, and hire a photographer. And put your front bumper cover back on!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,604 Posts
Having a built car isn’t funny; a $30k Neon is, regardless of what’s been put into it.

At least your ad has a good amount of detail, listing of upgrades and pictures.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts

no comment needed on the video.."Regular Car Reviews"

In all seriousness I sold my "heavily modded" 1990 Nissan 300zx TT with 105,000miles on the odo for $5000. I just wanted it gone. You'll feel better when
you sell it....just let it go and don't part it out. I'd be surprised if you got more than $6000 for it. (90K miles :facepalm You've clearly had this car longer than you'd have liked and come to realize its a waste of time and money considering the performance it delivers. It's the tipping point. I reached mine and you have obviously reached yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not reached any tipping point. I was contemplating selling or trading for a 2 door. And as far as performance I havent been challenged really in this car at just mid boost. Its a mid ten second car. And I have already been offered 20k for it I didnt accept that. The long block alone is worth more than that. And I would never part it out. I was just seeing what offers I received but clearly ignorance is the main thing on this page. Lotus' are not that impressive stock. Modified is a different story but im not going to argue with anyone. Pointless

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I was polite last night so I'll be polite again.

It might be quick in a straight line, but real cars need to be able to turn and brake.

Your expectations for a high-mileage car that doesn't look well-cared for aren't realistic.

Again, you're on the wrong forum. You'll get nothing but grief here. Even the moderators haven't cleaned up this "car for sale" thread.

San

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have not reached any tipping point. I was contemplating selling or trading for a 2 door. And as far as performance I havent been challenged really in this car at just mid boost. Its a mid ten second car. And I have already been offered 20k for it I didnt accept that. The long block alone is worth more than that. And I would never part it out. I was just seeing what offers I received but clearly ignorance is the main thing on this page. Lotus' are not that impressive stock. Modified is a different story but im not going to argue with anyone. Pointless
You are definitely right, most of these people are just plain ignorant. You should try the ferrari forum. From my experience, they seem more grown up and enlightened! Their cars are also quite impressive
GLWS

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.