The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Fubrication unikey. Get it now, no need to wait.
Brand new, no logo on the aluminum frame. Comes with extra key blank(X168).
To save some shipping, I won't be shipping it with the box. I will just put everything in a bubble envelope.
$188 shipped in Canada/USA. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Why the sale? Whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing wrong, it's great key.
Just need some cash to cover other expenses.
Retail for this is $159 +$15 extra key blank +shipping.
I paid 4% paypal fee to the seller, $20 shipping because I'm in Canada, I don't make any money in this sale.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
908 Posts
Now that everybody just purchased one from the group buy, less people would want one, unless cheaper than than the group buy.. then some folks might jump on it. Or just like IMan said, post in different source other than LT, you might find a new audience.

·
Registered
913 Posts
^ I agree, and if you ever plan on selling the car; Im sure the new owner would be delighted to have this key - you can just charge on top of your selling price to recoupe on the expense.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Its still USED because you bought it NEW and its not directly in the box unopen which you got it in the mail. I do want one but Im not paying 95% of the full price unless I customize it. 50% off and I will take it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its still USED because you bought it NEW and its not directly in the box unopen which you got it in the mail. I do want one but Im not paying 95% of the full price unless I customize it. 50% off and I will take it.
I rather keep it in the garage collecting dust.
And you can keep using your factory fob. Thanks for the interest.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Wow. Seller charges YOU the 4% fee. Crazy. That's new.

Nevertheless, I'd put it on eBay and see how it does (put a reserve on it. Keep in mind, eBay and Paypal charge 12% and 3% fees accordingly). The key is overpriced to begin with, so it may be a loss you are looking at.

Place it on Craigslist too. There are no fees there. Nor on LotusTalk.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Why are you busting the guys balls? Not cool dude.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah maybe I should just keep it for now. It might become a collectors item like the BWR unikey. lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Normally I expect 50% reduction when the item is in good condition, but used.
IF the item is used and in MINT condition, then around 75% of the original price.
IF its unused, slightly above 75% is fair game.

However, thats just a general rule, but in reality, something is only worth what people will pay for it. Supply/demand always dictates price. Start high, then lower until its sold.

I think someone will buy it for a good price, you just might have to wait.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts