The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys are into polishing/waxing your own whips, this is the stuff. The Griot's stuff is very highly regarded. I bought a whole set up this spring and frankly, my life is too damn busy to detail myself so I bring it to a shop.

Now I've got all this stuff and no return ability!

Here's what's there:

- Griot's orbital with 10' Cord - $130 new.
- Machine Polish/Others - about $30.
- Polishing/Waxing Pads - about $30

So, total for all the stuff is around $190. Sell for $130 shipped.

I literally used it once on my Moke. Wait, I take that back. I used it on a small portion of the hood before I realized that I'm too busy for this stuff.

Here's a link to their site:

Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital - Griot's Garage

PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Anthony
604 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll just add that I've got one of these and love it. For an amateur detailer, griot's stuff is a great mix of "good enough" and "low risk" - sure, the crazy guys get a portercable and a million specialized pads and compounds, but I get pretty awesome results with the griot's pad/polish/orbital combo. Whoever buys this should be sure to watch the DVD (if griot's still includes it) or their youtube videos for all the technique bits.

Just wrapped up polish+ 3 coats of best in show wax on my Elise last night. Love the technique of applying wax (with orbital), waiting a few hours, doing it again, waiting a few hours, doing it again, then letting it cure overnight before removing it using spray on wax as a lubricant. Amazing color depth on my magnetic blue.

In short, someone should buy this!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I might get one someday but im afraid of putting swirl marks in the paint. Is it really that easy? How do I make sure not to get them?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I might get one someday but im afraid of putting swirl marks in the paint. Is it really that easy? How do I make sure not to get them?
Thats sort of the point of the DA polisher. You use it to remove swirls. Plenty of you tube videos and DIY... Check out the web site auto geek . net he has lots of good info.

GL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Griot

The tools they sell at Griot's Garage are awesome! I went to a car show there yesterday and actually met Mr. Griot himself. He seemed like a real nice guy and he even said he noticed me pulling up in my Elise. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts