The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GROUP BUY IS NOW AT THE $199.00 PRICE!!!!!

ELISE/EXIGE FULL COVERAGE ROCKER PROTECTION

Normally $269.95, we are running this group buy untill Sunday, July 22nd at midnight. The first 6 orders are discounted to $230.00, after 6 we will discount the price to $199.00! All orders will be shipped after the group buy ends. Email [email protected] and we will send you an invoice and lock you into the group buy.

We can add the installation squeegee for $5.00 (Installation instructions will be included and the rockers are an easy install for even a novice).

SHIPPING on the orders is $10.00

( please note when or if the orders go over 6 and we drop down to the lower price we will send refunds to the first six orders!)

Purchased so far. I'm using first names I don't know everyone's forum name
1. Alan
2. Thomas

Have a great weekend everyone!
Avery Dennison Paint Protection Film uses patent pending Nano-Fusion Technology that makes existing topcoats obsolete. Nano-Fusion Technology infuses the urethane film with penetrating protection.

Nano-Fusion Protection™ makes the film more conformable, easier to install, retain its gloss, and resist yellowing and cracking better than other films on the market.

A topcoat is a layer of generally stiffer material laminated to a flexible urethane film base. Current topcoats make PPFs more difficult to install and weather poorly over time. There can be separation at the boundary, causing crazing and stress cracking, which really affects the appearance.

Nano-Fusion Technology infuses the urethane film with clear penetrating protection. Nano-Fusion PPF is more conformable, easier to install, retains its gloss, and resists yellowing and cracking better than other films on the market.

The proof is provided by the best warranty in the business: Nano-Fusion Protection is backed by a Limited "Life Time" Warranty* from Avery Dennison.

Avery Dennison PPF utilizing Nano-Fusion technology is warranted to be free of defects in manufacturing and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle (ownership lifetime).

To arrive at this point, we conducted extensive testing which has proven to us that Avery Dennison PPF is the best on the market, resisting yellowing and cracking better than any other film available. The warranty protects the dealer’s customer, the dealer and you.

*Warranty does not apply to damage to PPF caused by erroneous application, vehicle involved in accident, intentional misuse or wear. Limitation of remedies and liabilities are solely restricted to replacement of the defective film.

This custom pre-cut kits protects your Lotus Elise's (05-10) and Exige's (06-09) rocker panels and door sills. The Avery material is stronger and thicker than the OEM Starshield. A great solution for the most heavily abused area of your Lotus.

Note: These do wrap around the edge up into the horizontal door sill area.

Item #: BRG-CGPPF006
Lotus Elise & Exige Full Coverage Rocker

FOLLOW this link to the webstore to purchase
Lotus Elise & Exige Full Coverage Rocker Panel and Door Sill Kit

·
Registered
230 Posts
How hard is this for DIY? Is this something that you wet, apply, move around, squeegee and and let sit?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
How hard is this for DIY? Is this something that you wet, apply, move around, squeegee and let sit?
Sam ting.

Also: Have you tested this stuff for autocross-cone hits? Is it better than Star Shield at keeping a good appearance after glancing blows with tire-rubber-laden orange plastic?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam ting.

Also: Have you tested this stuff for autocross-cone hits? Is it better than Star Shield at keeping a good appearance after glancing blows with tire-rubber-laden orange plastic?
The Avery material is stronger and thicker than the OEM Starshield. A great solution for the most heavily abused area of your Lotus.

·
Registered
553 Posts
can you get a list going? Would be interested at the $199.99 price. Also, an installation video or DIY would be helpful for first timers

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Sign me up. Squeegee too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you get a list going? Would be interested at the $199.99 price. Also, an installation video or DIY would be helpful for first timers
I'll get a list up a little later today after I go thru the orders that came in over the weekend. Sorry I hadn't done that sooner! I'm still getting used to the Forums again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two orders so far. If you would like to order, click the link. or email me directly at [email protected] and I will send you an invoice for the group buy purchase. Soon as we get enough and it drops price we will credit you the difference.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Kevlar, if you guys are interested, I can probably get you a lower price point on these as I make them and I have very low overhead thus I don't have to charge as much. I use the highest quality pain protection film available as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
interested but concerned. I just had the clear film removed on my other car and it peeled the clear coat off. Has anyone had any problems with that on a lotus?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if the protection film is applied to paint that is not fully cured, peeling can occur if the film is removed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kevlar, if you guys are interested, I can probably get you a lower price point on these as I make them and I have very low overhead thus I don't have to charge as much. I use the highest quality pain protection film available as well.
Feel free to email your information to [email protected] I will make sure the president of the company gets it. I must say however at this time we are in a good relationship with our current suppliers.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah how do you know if its fully cured for sure. My car was brand new had the film installed about a month after picking it up. 4 years later the clear coat peeled upon replacing under warranty.
More of a concern to see if others have had this problem? It is rare that it happens so curious to the percentage of lotus's it has happened to. If any.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've only ever seen it on one car. It was a 360 challenge stradale, on a front bumper that was repainted and covered with film the day after. The car crashed on a track a few months later and the front end was damaged, you could see the paint sticking to the film. But thats the only time i've run into it, just my 2cents.

Full cure on new paint varies, depends on brand, heatlamps etc. some shops say wait 4-6weeks others might be longer or less. but a factory finish shouldn't have this problem. nor should a proper repaint or custom paintjob.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts