The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This Gullwing top offers all the benefits of the hardtop, while allowing for easy entry/exit of the Elise. The twin "doors" open upward, eliminating the problem of the low roofline when getting into and out of the car.

The two sections can also be removed in a matter of seconds (without any tools!), and stowed safely in the rear hatch. Bags safely hold the two fiberglass sections and the four removable pistons.

Rear roll bar cover does have a wired in 3rd brake light.

Removal of the roll bar cover is required for installation. The rear section of the top replaces it...

$1500. plus shipping. We can pack it for an additional $50

Hayes 772-299-9788
wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's ordered !

Just waiting for payment instructions.

Thanks to everyone who notified me about this.

Note - it's going to be a lot more than $1,500. Add;
Freight
Painting
Installation
Re-stripe the car so everything matches
etc. etc.

My wife's going to have a stroke...

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
That is THE coolest thing ever!! Is that a factory Lotus part or something aftermarket?
Aftermarket. Not made anymore, only made maybe a year.

Would love to know where Hayes found this. Most of the ones that show up these days have irreplacable parts missing.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Aftermarket. Not made anymore, only made maybe a year.

Would love to know where Hayes found this. Most of the ones that show up these days have irreplacable parts missing.
LMGTFY, yeah yeah, I should've searched first ---

Hunting Ridge Motors: Lotus Elise Gullwing Hardtop

No signs that the company is out of business, but at $3400, I couldn't care less to actually try contacting them. Great concept, cool product, hideous car as a T-Top =P At least in yellow anyway...

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
LMGTFY, yeah yeah, I should've searched first ---

Hunting Ridge Motors: Lotus Elise Gullwing Hardtop

No signs that the company is out of business, but at $3400, I couldn't care less to actually try contacting them. Great concept, cool product, hideous car as a T-Top =P At least in yellow anyway...
That's a very old HRM page. The top has been out of production for several years. Lots and lots of threads here on it. If you actually go to HRM's current home page, then search for that top, I don't think you'll find it or be linked to the page you found.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's ordered !

My wife's going to have a stroke...
She'll only kill you if she thinks it is new. Just pretend it came with the car. That sort of thing has worked for me in the past.

Things like my rear window shield, my carbon fibre engine cover, and my snow tires all came with my car.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts