The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale: the HK Traffic Pro (with red display) removed from my VW R32 prior to trade. The GPS antenna was routed in a way that did not make for easy removal and the cable was inadvertently cut, it will be included but the buyer will most likely need to purchase a new one from Harmon Kardon (~$50). navigation is via voice and arrows, no graphics to distract you from driving ;)
Includes all items it was originally shipped with and the VW wiring harness plug is still there as well (but can be removed). Also included will be a new external audio source adapter, provides RCA in for external devices like an MP3 player.

Some pics:

- installed in R32

$200 OBO plus actual shipping cost, please email inquiries to me at [email protected], Thanks.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...how would you rate the trafficpro's display visibility in direct sunlight?..

...i've thought about picking up one from ebay on a couple of occasions, but haven't convinced myself that it won't have visibility issues in an elise with the top down, at least by comparison to the stock blaupunkt's monochrome liquid crystal display...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That's a good price, it would be gone in 5 mins on bimmerforums.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...how would you rate the trafficpro's display visibility in direct sunlight?..

...i've thought about picking up one from ebay on a couple of occasions, but haven't convinced myself that it won't have visibility issues in an elise with the top down, at least by comparison to the stock blaupunkt's monochrome liquid crystal display...
Display is perfect in sunlight and the unit works great, never had issues seeing it with the sunroof open and the windows down. Only downside is the map updates are not very forthcoming for this market, the TrafficPro did not catch on here like it did in Europe so the platform is nearly dead here in the US. I found the voice instructions and display to work as good or better than the Mio I use when I travel.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Resurrecting an old post... The only display issue I've encountered is that the polarization from the Traffic Pro's display makes it invisible if you're wearing polarizing sunglasses.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Resurrecting an old post... The only display issue I've encountered is that the polarization from the Traffic Pro's display makes it invisible if you're wearing polarizing sunglasses.
I gotta get me a polarizing jacket, so I'll be invisible to people with polarizing sunglasses!

Hooooly crap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts