The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine ;)... but saw it on a local website.

It's showroomed at Al Awir Car Complex, Dubai...looks mean, but VERY LOOOONG in the flesh.

Showroom sales guy not too friendly, seems to have a chip on his shoulder, so the owner will need some luck to get this commission sale to go through :D

Lotus Hennessey Venom GT for sale - Auto Trader UAE (71051)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
ill give 'em 49k, shipped!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well, it's in the right part of the world for a sale.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
That's what happens when you get sover, suddenly you realize you over paid an Exige and could have bought 10 2011 Exige V6 in every color to match your shoes AAAAAAHHHHHH YOU FCKING WHORE AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! GET ME OUT OF THIS BOX, GET ME OUT OF THIS BOX RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO SLAP YOU SILLY AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I dont get it. There is NO LOGIC for lotus owners to hate the venom like you guys apparently do. It is one of the best looking cars available today, and they used a lotus as the basis, and inspiration. You can find million dollar lambos, and ferraris, and now there is a million dollar lotus. WHY ALL THE HATE? The venom tells the world that lotus technology is worth it. Lotus needs good press. Bah!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I dont get it. There is NO LOGIC for lotus owners to hate the venom like you guys apparently do. It is one of the best looking cars available today, and they used a lotus as the basis, and inspiration. You can find million dollar lambos, and ferraris, and now there is a million dollar lotus. WHY ALL THE HATE? The venom tells the world that lotus technology is worth it. Lotus needs good press. Bah!
I don't see how your "LOGIC" is better. We should like it simply because why? Because it started out as a Lotus? I don't blindly fall to brand names no matter what product. I just don't see a 1 million dollar car here. I think most are offended with the cost of it and who's behind it.....Hennessy. I think the story most see here is a rip off

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Umm...it's just a car.:shrug:

·
Illegal Alien
4,778 Posts
SN # 001 so what, Steven Tyler already took delivery of his in May.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Already for sale? Wasn't long ago that thing sold over seas. Wasn't it last year? Doesn't like it already? Maybe his Veyron buddies shunned him and kicked him out of their club. Either that or came to his senses and realized what better cars are out there for that price. Or maybe found Viper parts installed on it that Hennessey stole from clients during his scamming period, prior to all his law suits. :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think we all agree to it looking good. But we agree to that cause we're Lotus owners, and this thing IS (or WAS) a Lotus,.......just built upon. It's not Hennessey's total creation, it's Lotus's. He just suped it up and slapped a ridiculous price tag on it. Hennessey is a scammer. Everything he builds he over charges. Some people are stupid enough to pay it, yes, which is not his fault, but watching someone like that be any part of a success, is a downer. And thus it fuels him more.
I think the majority of the 'car crazy' world would like to see that arsehole away from the car scene altogether and/or dead and torn into pieces. Now with this creation, he's putting his dirty hands and scamming mind all over something that is a Lotus creation. I think the majority of us wished he never had anything to do with the cars that we've grown to love and own.
Yes Lotus needs good press, but Hennessey isn't good press. He's a known thief and a liar. Now he's dabbling with Lotus's stuff. Thus creating tension within us towards it and the creator.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Look at the car up close in person, the bodywork is ****. They don't even do a good job filling in the turn signal holes on the front clam.
The mold is trash, originally the clam included the turn signals, later they reworked the mold to delete the signals and now each part cast shows the change.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think we all agree to it looking good.
Lol, really? Who've you been talking to..

Looks like sh*t if you ask me. I don't have anything against anyone liking it, or even buying it. Just my personal opinion. Although I'd still love to drive it if given the opportunity.

Know that the primary problem the Lotus crowd has with it is the asking price. Generally speaking, Lotus folk aren't the luxury crowd, so expect no love here for this monstrosity.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Look at the car up close in person, the bodywork is ****. They don't even do a good job filling in the turn signal holes on the front clam.
+1. For a million bucks, at least spend some money and revamp the interior: leather, alcantara, CF or something! $1M for extra framing, bondo, engine., suspension, brakes and transmission...what a freaking scam!

For one million dollars (Dr. EVIL's voice) , one can buy a McClaren MPC12, 458, Noble, Evora S, Atom Ariel, and an Exige...+cash! Sheeeshhhh!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts