The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, about a week ago I posted my findings regarding a 2-month search to get a key made for my Elise (I needed a key cut from the key code, which requires the correct key blank). I couldn't use X222, DWO4RAP, or anything else -- I needed the correct key blank for my car, which after lots and lots of research, I found out is HF59R.

The thread:
Stop using the wrong key blank (X222) to make copies for your early 2005 Elise! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

Anyway, these are only available online (afaik). The cheapest place I found was here: Key blank, Fits Opel - JMA. I bought 10 blanks because shipping is expensive and the same price no matter how many you buy, and offered the leftovers on here. They sold out within a few days! So I bought some more to help out anyone that wants the right key blank for their car.

$5 shipped for 1, $8 shipped for 2
PM me if interested!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures of the front and back of the JMA version of the HF59R (model OP-D) for anyone interested:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping this because I still have a bunch of these keys left! I have sold about 15 of them so far and everyone has reported that they work great.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think i have the longer key so non-R

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bump for a great seller. I purchased two and they worked perfectly. Had them cut at local locksmith.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bump. Got two that worked great. These are the correct ones. Now I can have just a flat key in my pocket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a few months, so I just wanted to bump this thread and catch anyone who missed it the first time I posted these. I still have a bunch of the correct Early 2005 key blanks as described above. Still $5 shipped for one, $8 for two. PM me if interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have an '05 and would like two of these. Any way to know if these will fit, not sure if mine is an early '05. Thanks

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have an '05 and would like two of these. Any way to know if these will fit, not sure if mine is an early '05. Thanks
If your existing key has a light on it, then it's an early model

1 - 15 of 15 Posts