The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a 1961 Hillman Minx convertible. This is a well preserved, rust free, highly original British Classic with great history.

This car was a 1-owner out of the California desert. When the gentleman passed the car was donated to the San Diego Automotive Museum. It stayed within the collection for 10-12 years until it was used as payment for some building repairs. I purchased the car from the body shop who acquired the car and had intentions of using this as a fun beach car. I had the top, tires and weather seals all replaced. Unfortunately I moved to the east coast before the repairs were finished.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. If the car isn't sold through the eBay auction I will list my asking price. However the reserve is set well below estimated value.

Other Makes Hillman Minx Convertible Series IIIA Deluxe | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After watching all those cars cross the auctions at Monterrey, this is a BARGAIN!

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
I like the lines of the Sunbeam Alpine better, but this is still a neat 2+2 coupe. Is that E-type an early 4.2?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reserve has been removed!! How many times does a 1-owner 54 year old, rust-free car come up for sale? Not to mention, I guarantee you'll be the only one showing up at a car show driving one!

Sorry I'm not sure about the Jag...this is a picture from the body shop where the car was getting worked on.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
424 Posts
Reserve has been removed!! How many times does a 1-owner 54 year old, rust-free car come up for sale? Not to mention, I guarantee you'll be the only one showing up at a car show driving one!

Sorry I'm not sure about the Jag...this is a picture from the body shop where the car was getting worked on.
The Jaguar E-Type is definitely not the early Series I, but a Series II (1968 plus). This is the model testifying to US government heavy-handed intervention, spoiling the lines and performance of the Series I.

Stephen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts