The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

installation of a BWR supercharger forces the removal of my much loved Hurricane Cold Air Intake. I really love this thing. The sound is so sweet you will never tire of listening to it.

I used it in conjunction with a Stage II exhaust from Lotus. My ears like the combination better than the Stage II alone. I didn’t notice the droning many have mentioned with Stage II while the Hurricane was in use. Maybe it’s must my aging ears?

The Hurricane Induction system was developed specifically for the Lotus Elise / Exige. It combines the advantages of an open air filter (sports filter) and an airbox all in one.

Unlike the standard restricted airbox the system intakes cool air flowed from the left hand side air vent this combined with its unique features result in:

• Absolutely Wonderful sound.
• Less flow resistance
• Direct cold air intake
• Optimized flow, no turbulence
• Did I mention how sweet it sounds?

Using the advantage of the sports filter and the cold air intake, power and torque gain is improved!

During the Hurricane air filter development, all components have been optimized by using a high-tech aerodynamics system. Turbulence has been ruled out, which results in a very steady clean and cool air supply

Here are some comments from customers on this thread:

Hurricane Induction Kit Cons - Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

What can I say but SUPERB if you haven’t fitted one, go for it the sound is awesome when you give it some stick. Perfect Condition

PRICE -

I will ship anywhere in the continental US for $350. Insured.

I thought I would offer this here before putting it up on e-bay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any Interest

If there is any interest, please let me know.

Otherwise I will put it up on E-Bay

Thanks -

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The BWR tune is setup for the standard airbox

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLD