The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my currently installed Hypersport Lotus Spec Roll Cage. This is the same cage in cup cars and has only been installed for 6 months with no accidents, dents, or damage.

Cage is in excellent condition and SCCA approved.

I am selling because I am going to have a custom cage installed here in Las Vegas.

If the buyer is interested in having the cage swapped into their car at a local first rate race shop while mine is being built I can have that arranged at a hefty discount price.

Please PM me with questions and offers.

thanks,
Robb

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's how I roll....:cool:

just trying to waste some more time and money to stimulate the economy!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you get real serious, I just had a cage with all the features you are talking about done in the D/FW area. We also plan to bond it to the chassis with the same type of structural adhesive used on the entire vehicle, as a bolt-in cage is not safe IMO. The fabricator is top-notch, but not cheap

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I plan to incorporate a rear sub frame tube chassis into my cage to replace the heavy Lotus sub frame and to connect to the front shock towers tiring the vehicle together completely in addition to the other cage design availible which tucks the knee bar farther under the dash and contours the doors and frame tighter.

The Hypersport cage is excellent, but since I want to make such huge additions I am better starting from scratch.
Robb don't get mad at me but...:eek:

Is that LCS legal?

If I wrote the rules I would ban that sort of thing... :D

:shift:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What material are you guys using to make these cages? Steel? Chromoly? Do you know the approximate weight gain?
I'm not a cage builder, these are being built here in Las Vegas by a first rate race shop with LeMan's winning experience. They are building the new cages to exceed SCCA specs and add tremendous safety and performance to a Lotus.

Steel, 1.20 min thickness. The full safety cage which ties back to the rear in place of the stock t45 bars, bolts in to the cabin and also ties in to the front shock towers only weighs about 80 lbs. You must remember that you are replacing the stock roll hoop and t45 bars with the cage so the net gain is more like 60lbs. The performance gain is excellent as the car becomes much tighter and of course safer.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robb don't get mad at me but...:eek:

Is that LCS legal?

If I wrote the rules I would ban that sort of thing... :D

:shift:
Always a wise ass, eh?

Yes, it is legal in Ultra Stock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you get real serious, I just had a cage with all the features you are talking about done in the D/FW area. We also plan to bond it to the chassis with the same type of structural adhesive used on the entire vehicle, as a bolt-in cage is not safe IMO. The fabricator is top-notch, but not cheap
May I ask who you are using?

Robb--sorry for the brief hijack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts