The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They end plates are nicely finished CF pieces. They seem like they could come off as its just allen bolted on there. It looked like there might be some glue or sealant as well, but its a very clean attachment so its hard to tell. I assume its unfinished under there though. And there are certainly threaded bolt inserts behind those.

I was going to take the bolts out and paint them black. Or maybe anodize or power coat them.

If you want less prominent end plates, I suppose the best thing would be to trim the existing ones down to the same profile as the wing, or have some new ones made and keep the bolts (or get less conspicuous ones).

If you want I can check if they'll come off when I get home.

-Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I have a box and packing that will work if anyone out of town wants to purchase the wing for $800 + shipping. Not sure what shipping would cost as its a big box, but it will not be very heavy.

PM me if you have any questions.

-Dave

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Have a couple of not quite there offers but its still available!

Someone PM'd me about buying one new since he wasn't ready to buy at the moment. These are VERY hard to get. If you want one and don't get this one, you'll have to call to order from PBRacing in Italy for ~800 Euros (almost $1300 right now) plus shipping (~$200 last year when I asked Stefano at PBracing) and wait for who knows how long to get through customs.

Or just buy this one and have it in a few days! I still think its the best looking wing for the Elise.

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts