The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these jacking blocks from my Lotus dealer when I saw the service guys using them. It makes jacking the car and putting it on jack stands so easy, I couldn't believe my eyes. The dealer wasn't selling them, but I talked one of the techs into letting me buy them.

They're pretty simple pieces. Just a section of 4x4 with one corner cut off so it will slide in right between where the aluminum belly pan is cut out to clear the tire and the control arm. The block rests against a tub reinforcement member and then you place a jack under the block. Once the car is in the air, you then place a jack stand under the marked jacking point (where you would normally place the jack) and you're all set.

I can't post pictures of the block in place because I don't have the car any longer. Sorry.

$25 plus $15 packing and shipping. And yes, I know that's a lot for a couple of sections of 4x4. But, I was too lazy to go out and make my own and considered it pretty reasonable when I bought 'em for $25. I suspect there are others out there who will also find it worth while to just pay for 'em rather than hassle with making their own.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
rotfl
I bought these jacking blocks from my Lotus dealer when I saw the service guys using them. It makes jacking the car and putting it on jack stands so easy, I couldn't believe my eyes. The dealer wasn't selling them, but I talked one of the techs into letting me buy them.

They're pretty simple pieces. Just a section of 4x4 with one corner cut off so it will slide in right between where the aluminum belly pan is cut out to clear the tire and the control arm. The block rests against a tub reinforcement member and then you place a jack under the block. Once the car is in the air, you then place a jack stand under the marked jacking point (where you would normally place the jack) and you're all set.

I can't post pictures of the block in place because I don't have the car any longer. Sorry.

$25 plus $15 packing and shipping. And yes, I know that's a lot for a couple of sections of 4x4. But, I was too lazy to go out and make my own and considered it pretty reasonable when I bought 'em for $25. I suspect there are others out there who will also find it worth while to just pay for 'em rather than hassle with making their own.
rotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
243 Posts
wow, is that real wood?
official Lotus blocks with Jack Blacks signature
sweet.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
man those are sweet!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I made 3 sets of varying heights myself after seeing them at the dealer. They are easy enough to cut on a 10" table saw. The 45 degree angle took two passes.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:no: All of you are in violation of Forum rules... :no:

But.. rotfl
You're right.....there is NO Question as to the value of these, so price should not be discussed !!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Would they fit on an Exige?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Made of Fine Scottish wood

So you can use to:
a)lift your car;
b) lift your body temperature (burn when done); and
c) lift your spirit (to use in making cask,and/or to smoke,whilst making your scotch)

(For the Scotch-making-educated, excuse my lack of fact. Work with me....)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Are they guaranteed splinter free?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.