·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Lotus Exige S
Ardent red
Clean Arizona title
VIN: SCCVC11157HL82319
Chassis has about 85k miles with just about every single part on it being replaced/aftermarket

This car does not have any air con/heat/radio. While it is a track car I do street drive it occasionally and sometimes to the track, it is tagged and insured like a normal car. Has functional manual key locks and glass windows with fully working glass windows. All the lights, turn signals, license plate lights are functional as a stock car. I built it to be a turn key street race car. No fancy switches or anything put key in put it to AC2 and press the engine start button and drive it.

For sale is my K24 swapped lotus exige, I bought it back in November and blew up the built 2ZZ Toyota motor during my 2nd track day and spent December/January swapping the entire drivetrain to a K24A2/8th gen 6 speed LSD setup. I have been heavily tracking it for the past 3 months and have done 10 total track days (20~ track hours) on it since January and it’s handled all of the abuse perfectly. It is a VERY fast and VERY capable car on the track with the right driver, it dominates NASA TT3 and every time I’ve visited a track I’ve always come within a half second of the track record for TT3. I am selling it due to me wanting to change pace and get a more “street” friendly car that I can use a lot
More on the street and track a little less than I do my current lotus.

Interior/Exterior: passenger & driver Tillett B5 seats, schroth 6-point harnesses, AiM MXS data acquisition with lambda O2, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, fuel press, trans temp, QR hub and Sparco 300mm wheel, lotus cup car cage, polycarbonate windshield and rear window, BOE clam hinge kit, carbon fiber cup roof, carbon fiber wide side scoops, reverie carbon front splitter/side skirts/rear wing , difflow diffuser; approx 700 lbs of total downforce at 100 mph per ReVerie wind tunnel testing

Wheels: Nankang AR-1 205/45-16 and 245/40-17 on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels (16x7 et30/ 17x8 et38) mounted on wheel studs (will have brand new AR1 mounted for sale current ones are almost gone)

Brakes: AP Racing 315mm F/ 330mm R big brake kit and Carbotech XP10/8 pads, braided stainless lines, castrol SNF brake fluid

Suspension: Penske D/A 550f/800r (RECENTLY REBUILT); blackwatch nylatron bushes (JUST REPLACED), Elise Parts steering arms, BOE drop joints (fixes roll center, ride height at 117f/120r), track pack sway bar, SSC upgraded rear toe link kit, eliseparts 2 turn quick ratio steering rack

Drivetrain: JDM K24A2 (unknown mileage) all cylinders tested 210psi (feel free to come comp test it yourself) does not burn/blow by oil at all. Only thing done to the motor is type S oil pump with a moroso baffled pan (haven’t had oil pressure drop even at 1.8g sustained) and 50 degree VTC. RBC intake manifold with 70mm throttle body. K tuned fuel rail with stock injectors (for AN fuel lines) 1320 ram head headers modified to go to stock lotus exhaust location. 155f mishimoto thermostat, heater core deletes/plugs, new water pump/alternator, fidanza 8lb flywheel, competition clutch stage 2 clutch, 08 Si 6 speed LSD with new bearings and synchros when installed, insane shafts 500hp axles, innovative K swap lotus engine mounts with 95a bushings (very stiff) triple core radiator with dual 8 inch spal fans wired to ecu to turn on when coolant temp hits 190f
BOE fuel surge tank with a 255 walboro in tank (on its own relay wiring) which allows you to go down to the last gallon while on track without any slosh/pressure drops

Car made 225whp/190wtq tuned my UMS tuning on 91 octane on hondata kprov4

Car has no issues with temperatures I’ve never really seen the coolant get above 200, oil temperature will get to about 250f or so after 20 minutes of hot lapping a full session. Runs fairly cold when highway cruising as well.

Asking $55,000 for a turn key street/race car that is VERY proven and very fast around a track while still being able to have fun and drive it on the street occasionally!
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Hood
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Plant
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess I should clarify. I see in your write up as to why, I'm just surprised after all the work you've done to it in a brief period of time that you are willing to sell it already.

·
Registered
944 Posts
GLWS. It's been a fun build to watch. I saw this car in person at TrackSpec a couple of years ago.

...reverie carbon front splitter/side skirts/rear wing , difflow diffuser; approx 700 lbs of total downforce at 100 mph per ReVerie wind tunnel testing
Hi Andre - I heard you say the wing made 800 lbs of downforce in one of your videos. Minor correction for prospective buyers: the curved Reverie wing makes 837N in free stream. The wind tunnel testing by Simon McBeath showed ~300lbs of total downforce at 100mph. Still good downforce, but not 700lbs. Big difference between newtons and pounds.

·
Registered
1998 Elise Duratec, 2009 Exige S240 (+TVS1320 / CC)
931 Posts
That was a fast turn-round, your white Exige didn't stay long either.
GLWS

·
Administrator
9,213 Posts
The problem was just addressed

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sure if the person asking it was an actual buyer, which he isnt, and as I said he posted twice in 3 years both times stupid posts.
When I sold my Exige two years ago (this car), I was off the forum for 2 years. Bought the GT, been on here every day. I think maybe you don’t realize how these responses come across - it seems petty. Especially for someone who produces good forum content and is typically an engaged member of the community, with a good reputation... be that guy, not the gatekeeper

Personally, I don’t even see a problem with the question. There are plenty of threads on here that talk about top speed on different setups... some of which you are very much engaged in.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I owned a BOE Elise for about 3 years. It would hit a wall at like 120 at RA. Have an original owner S2000 still in the garage. Have a 991.2 Targa. Each of these purchases were out of state, between 500 and 2000 miles away from me, so wasn't concerned about the distance, and not sure why I’m not a buyer. I'm looking for a new track car. The car is being advertised as a track car. I read through the OP original build and track post. It looks like he uses on relatively technical and short tracks in comparison to Road America. It was a legit question and easily answered vs needing drama from a 3rd party. They always say buy the seller not the car... Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,685 Posts
GLWS man. It's funny really. I won't sell because I don't intend on ever modifying and blasting money on a car like I did with my Exige, so in the garage it stays. If I was younger like you are I might have moved on as well.

Of course there is that other competing side of me that is secretly planning on buying a Ultima GTR before I get too old to hoon in it.

You did a solid job on your vehicle man, no doubt it is desired much.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I sold my Exige two years ago (this car), I was off the forum for 2 years. Bought the GT, been on here every day. I think maybe you don’t realize how these responses come across - it seems petty. Especially for someone who produces good forum content and is typically an engaged member of the community, with a good reputation... be that guy, not the gatekeeper

Personally, I don’t even see a problem with the question. There are plenty of threads on here that talk about top speed on different setups... some of which you are very much engaged in.
Completely agree! Perhaps @Catsailr27 can revise the rules a bit so that owners answer questions specific to the car, rather than random folk thinking they know what's best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lowering price to $50,000 as I have my eye on something.
Street driving the car 8 hours to buttonwillow raceway to do a track day on the 26th in case anyone in socal is interested it’ll be in action this Friday !

1 - 21 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.