The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
av8or21
40 Posts
What does a decat do for registering a car in a new state (other than California). I don't plan on living there.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is an emissions test, then chances are you'll fail.

This replaces the cat. The larini decat reduces engine bay temperatures, improves exhaust flow, saves weight, and most importantly, assists in shooting flames.

·
av8or21
40 Posts
Thanks, then I'm gonna have to wait a little before I do that mod until I find a more permanent place to live other than California or New Jersey.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Glenn good meeting you and your wife on Saturday! Did that come off your car? Tommy

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'd be interested but not really sure to understand why the CEl eliminator will only do its job after 1000 miles or so...
:confused:

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tommy, nice meeting you as well! We had a blast.

I'd be interested but not really sure to understand why the CEl eliminator will only do its job after 1000 miles or so...
:confused:
I did a write up on this a few months ago, but can't find it. At first, it takes about 50 miles before the ECU recognizes that the cat is missing. Then the CEL comes on. Mine stayed on for about 1000-1500 miles or so until the ECU learned that the cat was missing, and the CEL never came on again. Might be different with your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.