The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a LETSLA shifter brand new never installed with updated hardware.
I bought a used Forced Fed engine damper from another member awhile back, and never installed it. I'm trying to finish up another project so I need all the cash I can free up.

LETSLA $250
Damper $175

Located in LA

I prefer a local pickup
Thanks

R

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Forced-Fed engine damper works like a charm! I'm a real fan of this unit. If you ever use your car on the track - you need this upgrade.

My 2 cents . . .

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hot damn, don't make me change my mind! Thanks for the plug!

R

BTW sale pending on the damper

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
So what about using the damper in conjunction with the Sector Trackmounts or similar motor mounts? Specifically, might it in some way help control vibrations at rest? I have a FF damper laying around, have never installed it, wonder if their might be any real advantage to do so after the stiffer mounts.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So what about using the damper in conjunction with the Sector Trackmounts or similar motor mounts? Specifically, might it in some way help control vibrations at rest? I have a FF damper laying around, have never installed it, wonder if their might be any real advantage to do so after the stiffer mounts.
I think they call that "guilding the lily" ;)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
the FF damper onlt dampens in one (twist) direction, and not in the other 90deg. angle.

if you have stiffened mounts there will really be no reason to add the FF damper as well.

the FF damper would not be as harsh, as stiffened mounts.

i am waffling back and forth about wich solution to do....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
the FF damper onlt dampens in one (twist) direction, and not in the other 90deg. angle.

if you have stiffened mounts there will really be no reason to add the FF damper as well.

the FF damper would not be as harsh, as stiffened mounts.

i am waffling back and forth about wich solution to do....
I've had both (in fact the damper the OP is selling was mine). The mounts are stiffer for sure although on track I don't notice that much of a difference to be honest. Thing is, with the mounts, there is enough vibration at idle to cause all sorts of things (on my car, anyway) to rattle that never did before (top of dash, side windows). With the damper, there is no vibration. I would say, if you're only an occasional tracker, the damper is fine.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The LETSLA is now sold.
The damper is sold as well.
Thanks!

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts